• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

This is technically incorrect since the team has not improved at all.  Wouldn’t you have to improve at least a little to even make the list?

I think we can assume that the teams at the bottom have all gotten worse.

11 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Why can't we have one of those? Every year everything just goes to shit. We're due for some fucking luck.

I am coping.

we did in 2014.  When you have a decent payroll and run the team from year to year, you're bound to have one once in awhile.  

in the last 12 years, the Angels have a cumulative of 36 WAR from their draft picks.  

10.5 of that is David Fletcher.   Another 14 of that (or so quick glance estimate) has come from Angels draft picks but on other teams.  

so outside of that, about 1 WAR per year for over a decade.  

you make your own luck.  

20 hours ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

So now the Giants and Braves have both spent “big money” on relievers to turn them into starters.  The Braves are trying it with Lopez and now the Giants with Hicks. It feels like these are moves to help 2025 and beyond. You can’t really expect more than 100-110 innings from them this year, right? 
In general what are your thoughts on this type of move? 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

In general what are your thoughts on this type of move? 

If it works, there’s big upside.

If it doesn’t work, you know you can just put them back in the pen where they’ve had success.

I’d much prefer giving López or Hicks a $9M-$11M AAV than giving like Clevinger or Ryu that same amount because if they struggle, you know you can still get value out of them.

19 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Relief pitchers throw 4 plus inn sometimes in 1 week. Plus warming up each time. Pitching every 5th day with most starters only going 5 inn to me not a big thing. 

So 100 innings, got it.