• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

2 hours ago, CartiHalos said:

In theory I don't hate it, but I think we're not in a position to make the playoffs next year anyway so more than likely Burnes ends up leaving in free agency and we're stuck with 4 more years of overpaying Yelich. It would be nice to just not be overpaying anyone for a change.

You don’t think a team with an adequate offense and a rotation of:

Snell, Burnes, Detmers, Sandoval, Canning, with depth of Anderson and Silseth

can be a contend-for-the-postseason team?

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You don’t think a team with an adequate offense and a rotation of:

Snell, Burnes, Detmers, Sandoval, Canning, with depth of Anderson and Silseth

can be a contend-for-the-postseason team?

They can, but this counting on us getting Snell and appropriately filling the holes in our offense that wasn't anything special before we lost our best hitter.  It's possible, but I don't think I would bet on it.

I still like my 4 player acquisitions of Snell, Bellinger (or another OF Bat), Bieber, and an infield bat like Anderson or Rosario.

Add in a back end reliever and call it an offseason.

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I think Snell goes to Yankees and Bellinger to Cubs. Anderson, Belt, A Chapman and Clevenger and I would sign Woodruff. These are types that end up with halos.

You would sign a guy that can't pitch this year?  

14 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Duvall wouldn’t be a bad get, essentially a lesser version of Teoscar but probably can be had for a 1 year deal. Leaves more money to be spent on pitching. But I think we need another bat outside of a Duvall addition. 

Pretty much Renfroe....Groundhog day a year later....

I would sign Woodruff now because he will be cheaper now then he will be next year. I think he will bounce back just fine and if the Angels think so it would be good buisness to grab him when the cost is at its lowest but im sure them know more on his health then I ever will and at this point I'm grabbing at any higher end pitching this team could get its hands on 

You Woodruff guys understand its not Tommy John, right? 

Typical rehab for his injury is 12-16 months if everything goes perfectly. This is the same injury CRod had, or if you want another example Julio Urias had in May of 2017.  He didn't make it back until Sept of 2018 and only for a few innings.  

He's going to be out for his age 31 season, so you're looking at a guy coming back from shoulder surgery at age 32, someone that relies on velocity.

My guess is he will get significant money from someone to rehab, not sure the Angels are in a position to wait 12+ months to see IF a guy might be able to help them.

13 minutes ago, Chuck said:

The new Pio Deportes? lol

That's a bizarre take. It's usually "The Angels are in talks..." or "The Angels have reportedly offered...". Not "The Angels plan to offer soon...".

I mean it's almost certainly bs but hey we got nothing else.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I think Snell goes to Yankees and Bellinger to Cubs. Anderson, Belt, A Chapman and Clevenger and I would sign Woodruff. These are types that end up with halos.

I love how you complain about being stuck in a purgatory of being mediocre and yet every suggestion you have is more or less doubling down on being mediocre.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/01/latest-on-shota-imanagas-market.html

However, Heyman suggested in an appearance on Bleacher Report this afternoon (X link) that the Yankees weren’t enamored with the southpaw. Imanaga allowed 17 home runs in 148 innings a season ago, the second-most in Japan’s top league. New York’s front office seemingly has concerns about how well he’d profile in a park as hitter-friendly as Yankee Stadium.

Despite the home run concerns, the 30-year-old is going to do quite well financially. Imanaga led NPB with 174 strikeouts while issuing only 24 walks (a meager 4% rate). Some evaluators project him as a mid-rotation starter. Passan reiterated this morning that many executives feel he’ll land a contract in excess of $100MM. That’d be well above the five-year, $75MM pact secured by Kodai Senga last winter even though Senga was arguably coming off a better platform showing.

Senga had allowed just seven homers with a 27.5% strikeout rate and a sparkling 1.94 ERA in 2022. Imanaga had a slightly superior strikeout percentage (29.2%) and allowed 2.80 earned runs per nine last year. Senga was also entering his age-30 season. Unlike Imanaga, he was a true free agent, so the Mets weren’t required to send any