• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

8 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I think it depends on their health.  If both are healthy, IMO, they start the season with the Angels. 

Both should start the year with the Angels, unless they want to have Bachman be a starter and then he should be in AAA to get that experience.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dude I'm so with you and I'm a massive Vlad Jr guy.  He's got old player skills and a bad body -- he's another guy that has slipped three years in a row, that isn't a death sentence even less so in a player as young as Vlad Jr but it's never been a good marker.

I've read that a big reason Ohtani likes Toronto is how well he's hit there -- so, the diva in his is maybe looking to chase numbers, but if I were him I'd be concerned how long they keep that team together .vs say the Dodgers who we know will spend and do the things it takes.

Chapman is a FA.  Bichette and Jr are getting closer to huge paydays, Jansen is a FA after this season, Springer will be 34, has always been creaky and is coming off a subpar season by his standards.  Their rotation is set for at least 3 years particularly if Manoa rebounds but that offense could be problematic.

Yeah, Vlad reminds me more of Cecil Fielder or Mo Vaughn than he does Jeff Bagwell or Albert Pujols. But as @Taylor reminded us, he'd have been nice to have over Baldoquin.

Speaking of Chapman, do you have any idea why third basemen tend to peak really early with the bat? Chapman, Longoria, Wright, Bryant, Chavez, Glaus, etc etc. It seems more common for 3B than other positions. Could be wrong, though.

This is more of a spring training thing than an offseason thing, but I think the Angels should stretch out (or limit) a group of pitchers to go 1 time through the order. 2-3 innings max.

I’m thinking Bachman, Daniel, Herget, Mederos, Suarez, and Wantz.

If you need a spot starter, you could piggyback two of them. 5 of those 6 have options, so you could rotate through them to have fresh arms for long relief.

Edited by BTH

40 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Yeah, Vlad reminds me more of Cecil Fielder or Mo Vaughn than he does Jeff Bagwell or Albert Pujols. But as @Taylor reminded us, he'd have been nice to have over Baldoquin.

Speaking of Chapman, do you have any idea why third basemen tend to peak really early with the bat? Chapman, Longoria, Wright, Bryant, Chavez, Glaus, etc etc. It seems more common for 3B than other positions. Could be wrong, though.

Brandon Wood peaked in class A

10 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I'll never get over how ridiculous and fanatic social media has made people. Twitter users have found a private flight scheduled from Anaheim to Toronoto tomorrow morning. 

Is it the same private plane that they found leaving Anaheim and heading to Florida then onto Nashville?