• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Podcast - Episode 22 (Special Guest Tim Mead)

Chuck

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 8.34.54 PM.png

For the first time, the guys welcome a Special Guest into the podcast for Episode 22!  And what a guest they got!  Former Angels Vice President of Communications, Tim Mead!  Tim started with the team in 1980 as intern and worked with the team until 2019 when he was named the 7th President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.  The stories he has to share are endless!  In this episode they talk about: Trout, Ohtani, Pujols, Salmon, Anderson, Abbott, Spiezio, (deep breath), Landston, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Rush, Bruce Hornsby, Zakk Wylde, Kevin Costner, Tom Selleck (deep breath), retiring numbers, the Hall of Fame, communications in the age of social media and soooo much more!  This is a must listen to episode! 

6 hours ago, disarcina said:

enjoyed the Mead. podcast.

thanks for doing that.

no one asked him what he is doing these days -- I don't think he's just sitting around the house.

We talked to him before the show started and it was in the intro. He spends most of his time with his grandchildren and going to concerts, especially Metallica concerts! 

8 hours ago, disarcina said:

enjoyed the Mead. podcast.

thanks for doing that.

no one asked him what he is doing these days -- I don't think he's just sitting around the house.

It's a good point.  There were soooo many things we didn't get to.  I actually was messaging with Tim this morning about that.  We will absolutely have him back on and be sure to dig into that one.  I also want to really dig into the differences between working for the cowboy, Disney and Arte.

3 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Great Job guys!!! Hope to see Tim on here again soon. Great albums as always @Spirit thank you as always @Chuckster70 and Geoff. is Victor coming back on next week? Can't wait for the season recap episode. 

We talked about Dressed To Kill.  Did you recognize the Rush album?

On 9/23/2023 at 9:38 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 8.34.54 PM.png

For the first time, the guys welcome a Special Guest into the podcast for Episode 22!  And what a guest they got!  Former Angels Vice President of Communications, Tim Mead!  Tim started with the team in 1980 as intern and worked with the team until 2019 when he was named the 7th President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.  The stories he has to share are endless!  In this episode they talk about: Trout, Ohtani, Pujols, Salmon, Anderson, Abbott, Spiezio, (deep breath), Landston, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Rush, Bruce Hornsby, Zakk Wylde, Kevin Costner, Tom Selleck (deep breath), retiring numbers, the Hall of Fame, communications in the age of social media and soooo much more!  This is a must listen to episode! 

Great episode! Tim is a class act! Loved hearing all the insights, and, for me, the optimism is great! Great job guys! 

On 9/24/2023 at 8:38 AM, Spirit said:

t's a good point.  There were soooo many things we didn't get to.  I actually was messaging with Tim this morning about that.  We will absolutely have him back on and be sure to dig into that one.  I also want to really dig into the di

didn't get the full quote here -- but you sort of did get into the Disney vs. Arte discussion a little bit. Mead mentioned something about R stuff being routed through the Disney 'department' and Disney folks leaving the office 5 pm on Friday when developing events needed to be responded to, addressed.

15 hours ago, disarcina said:

didn't get the full quote here -- but you sort of did get into the Disney vs. Arte discussion a little bit. Mead mentioned something about R stuff being routed through the Disney 'department' and Disney folks leaving the office 5 pm on Friday when developing events needed to be responded to, addressed.

It was actually that part of the conversation when I was thinking, "we really need to dive into this deeper."