• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels remain over luxury tax, but Minasian says it will not impact 2024 spending

mmc

@Jeff Fletcher

I'm struggling to understand why the Angels opted to put Stassi on the IL instead of the restricted list, thereby making them pay him the full $7M this year instead of getting out from paying him.

Is it just out of the kindness of their hearts?

It seems odd that they'd do that, considering how cut-throat Arte was in slashing people's salaries and minor leaguers during the pandemic.

1 hour ago, BTH said:

@Jeff Fletcher

I'm struggling to understand why the Angels opted to put Stassi on the IL instead of the restricted list, thereby making them pay him the full $7M this year instead of getting out from paying him.

Is it just out of the kindness of their hearts?

It seems odd that they'd do that, considering how cut-throat Arte was in slashing people's salaries and minor leaguers during the pandemic.

If the Angels had put Stassi on the restricted list, Arte would come off looking even worse.

20 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

If the Angels had put Stassi on the restricted list, Arte would come off looking even worse.

I meant at the start of the season.

I don't think Arte would look bad for putting a guy on the restricted list for family reasons.

Isn't that just normal procedure for when players are away from the team for personal reasons?

15 minutes ago, BTH said:

I meant at the start of the season.

I don't think Arte would look bad for putting a guy on the restricted list for family reasons.

Isn't that just normal procedure for when players are away from the team for personal reasons?

You are allowed to do that. I think it depends what the "personal reasons" are, as far as how a team would handle it and how it would be perceived.

8 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You are allowed to do that. I think it depends what the "personal reasons" are, as far as how a team would handle it and how it would be perceived.

If Stassi didn’t have the hip issue, wouldn’t they have had to do that?

Unless they made up the hip issue so they could place him on the IL

13 minutes ago, BTH said:

If Stassi didn’t have the hip issue, wouldn’t they have had to do that?

Unless they made up the hip issue so they could place him on the IL

That's true. But he did have a hip issue.

It's a weird situation, but the further they got into I think it made it kind of tough for the Angels to do anything different.