• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/26/23) Angels @ Mets: Silseth on the mound, Schanuel scratched (food poisoning)

2 minutes ago, khouse said:

In looking at the game log...for all that's been said about Renfroe, let's not pretend that hitting 30 doubles this season isn't significant...

https://www.mlb.com/stats/doubles

Not to be dismissive, but it's really not significant.  His HR% is the lowest of his career, so him having more doubles than he normally does just means he's not driving/lifting the ball as much as he typically does.  His OPS+ is the lowest of any full season to date.

Hey, some good news! With their 63rd win, the Angels remain one of two franchises (the other is Colorado) to never lose 100 games in a season. So there’s that.

BTW, if someone told me before the season that by the end of August the Angels would have a better record than both the Mets and Padres, I would have thought that we’d be looking at a pretty good season. Yeah, I would have thought that.

6 minutes ago, LAA Road Tripper said:

Hey, some good news! With their 63rd win, the Angels remain one of two franchises (the other is Colorado) to never lose 100 games in a season. So there’s that.

BTW, if someone told me before the season that by the end of August the Angels would have a better record than both the Mets and Padres, I would have thought that we’d be looking at a pretty good season. Yeah, I would have thought that.

Mets, Padres and Yankees….

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Not to be dismissive, but it's really not significant.  His HR% is the lowest of his career, so him having more doubles than he normally does just means he's not driving/lifting the ball as much as he typically does.  His OPS+ is the lowest of any full season to date.

Yes & whereas he has, indeed seen a dip in his career #'s (which, honestly I don't care about) my comment was in regard (as I should have explained) to his contribution to a team that only saw a total of 30 doubles (Ohtani) last season. Likewise, as I've stated previously...the lack of production by him/others could very well be blamed on the increased/incessant pressure this season by the club/media to make to playoffs or lose a once-in-a-lifetime generational talent. Which none of us can speak to nor deny may be having a negative impact overall...