• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Take advantage against this Rays team

I know that while the "season is over" realistically, I would still love to see some good baseball down the stretch.

I think this upcoming series is a chance to capitalize on this suffering Rays team. Yeah, they're 73-50 but don't forget they started the season 13-0. Since the beginning of June they are a .500 team.

Wander Franco's MLB career is most likely over... I won't say any more on that cringe news. Needless to say Tampa is a suffering squad right now.

Let's take advantage and sweep this series. It would be really cool to see them play spoiler because I'd rather see the O's win that division. Then the Reds roll in and they aren't the hottest team either.

The offense is super due to start scoring more than 2 runs per game. Angels, please just show us fans some life these last 6 weeks.

Not going to happen.

I love my Angels but Tampa Bay knows how to score runs, and they score them early, and they'll score them late if need be. 

They are perhaps my favorite team to watch and listen to behind the Angels, I've been rooting for them for about a decade due to their shitty stadium and ridiculously good energy around fundamental baseball and making something out of nothing.

Yandy Diaz is a stud. Randy Arozerena is my homie. Fairbanks always looks like he's about to be hit by an oncoming locomotive, but he is one hell of a closer.

On par for the season, the Halos will win 1 if they're lucky and the Rays have a a day where the pitching and hitting is off, but I would not expect it to be easy.

4 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Not going to happen.

I love my Angels but Tampa Bay knows how to score runs, and they score them early, and they'll score them late if need be. 

They are perhaps my favorite team to watch and listen to behind the Angels, I've been rooting for them for about a decade due to their shitty stadium and ridiculously good energy around fundamental baseball and making something out of nothing.

Yandy Diaz is a stud. Randy Arozerena is my homie. Fairbanks always looks like he's about to be hit by an oncoming locomotive, but he is one hell of a closer.

On par for the season, the Halos will win 1 if they're lucky and the Rays have a a day where the pitching and hitting is off, but I would not expect it to be easy.

Much disrespect to your "homie" spelling his name like that, lmao.

4 minutes ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Much disrespect to your "homie" spelling his name like that, lmao.

So you didn't know who I was talking about?

Yah for some reason this new Phone screws up words all the time, but he still rocks.

Plays hard in the outfield, plays hard on the bases. Makes absent minded mistakes from time to time, but it's not for lack of trying.

He threw me a ball in the stands at Camden Yards 2 months ago, so he won my heart.

7 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

So you didn't know who I was talking about?

Yah for some reason this new Phone screws up words all the time, but he still rocks.

Plays hard in the outfield, plays hard on the bases. Makes absent minded mistakes from time to time, but it's not for lack of trying.

He threw me a ball in the stands at Camden Yards 2 months ago, so he won my heart.

Of course I knew who you were talking about. At first glance I noticed you spelled his name wrong. I guess I'm just some spelling freak though, don't sweat it. I just think it's pretty odd to spell someone's name wrong while talking about how much you admire them.

I just think it's pretty odd to spell someone's name wrong while talking about how much you admire them.

It's not odd for me, auto spell screws up my typing constantly. But boards use spelling as a "gotcha dumbass" when it's like..."not really..."

Either way, it's all good 💪

Angels will be lucky if they get 1 out of 3.

1 hour ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Okie. Very assertive about that aren't you. You've said it in two different replies now. Let's remember this sport isn't very predictable like basketball.

Could make for a solid bump by the end of the weekend.

I'll bet you $100 Angels don't win more than 1 game in this scheduled series. I love my Halos, but let's be honest.

9 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

I know that while the "season is over" realistically, I would still love to see some good baseball down the stretch.

I think this upcoming series is a chance to capitalize on this suffering Rays team. Yeah, they're 73-50 but don't forget they started the season 13-0. Since the beginning of June they are a .500 team.

Wander Franco's MLB career is most likely over... I won't say any more on that cringe news.

Please.  Is not unusual for relationships like that in Latin America.    When I worked in Brazil half the married guys had young women on the side.  Like really young.  Same in Japan but they’re a little more discreet.  It was disturbing.

MLB had to act outraged, once it quiets down he’ll be back.  Not saying I personally approve but with his $$ it will all go away.

24 minutes ago, Hubs said:

No way Franco is suspended for life. He'll get a minor suspension, as the girl he's rumored to be dating is 17, not 14. And Franco is 22. That's not good age gap but it's not like a 40 year old player dating an 18 year old.

You obviously don't understand what an age cutoff is. You're right, a 40 year old dating an 18 year old is not like a 22 year old dating a 17 or 14 year old. One is legal, and the other is not.

You obviously don't understand what an age cutoff is. You're right, a 40 year old dating an 18 year old is not like a 22 year old dating a 17 or 14 year old. One is legal, and the other is not.

First off, the 14 is inaccurate reporting. AP says the girl was 17.

I do understand legal and age gaps and age of consent.... But to think that there aren't thousands of 22 year olds dating 17 year olds is to be ignorant. How many movies are there where a High School girl dates a College Guy? It happens. Heck one dude in my high school class married a 22 year old teacher from our school the day he turned 18. I'm not saying it's ok, I'm saying it happens..and a 5 year age gap is a lot closer to being acceptable than a 22 year age gap. 

I'll tell you one of my examples is way creepier than the other, but both are probably not appropriate. Do we know what the Age of Consent is in the DR? (edit -- its 18) If she was 14, I understand your sentiment about being banned for life, as that's a child. But 17? A few months before it's legal? It will be a suspension, but not a banishment.  I'm not defending him, FYI, I think age of consent is age of consent, and that is the law. But to ban for life? I doubt it.

Also, I will say, I havent read the social media posts, and I dont know if there was violence (which changes the deal), or what the circumstances were. 

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I do understand legal and age gaps and age of consent.... But to think that there aren't thousands of 22 year olds dating 17 year olds is to be ignorant. How many movies are there where a High School girl dates a College Guy? It happens. Heck one dude in my high school class married a 22 year old teacher from our school the day he turned 18. I'm not saying it's ok, I'm saying it happens..and a 5 year age gap is a lot closer to being acceptable than a 22 year age gap. 

I'll tell you one of my examples is way creepier than the other, but both are probably not appropriate. Do we know what the Age of Consent is in the DR? (edit -- its 18) If she was 14, I understand your sentiment about being banned for life, as that's a child. But 17? A few months before it's legal? It will be a suspension, but not a banishment.  I'm not defending him, FYI, I think age of consent is age of consent, and that is the law. But to ban for life? I doubt it.

Also, I will say, I havent read the social media posts, and I dont know if there was violence (which changes the deal), or what the circumstances were. 

Cool story bro.

https://www.marca.com/en/mlb/tampa-bay-rays/2023/08/18/64df50dd22601dec4f8b45d8.html

14, not 17. You're pulling things out of your ass to argue with me about facts when you acknowledge you're not even informed on the situation. I HAVE been keeping up with it, so just shut it.

9 minutes ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Cool story bro.

https://www.marca.com/en/mlb/tampa-bay-rays/2023/08/18/64df50dd22601dec4f8b45d8.html

14, not 17. You're pulling things out of your ass to argue with me about facts when you acknowledge you're not even informed on the situation. I HAVE been keeping up with it, so just shut it.

First off, I've done my reading on this, and there are dozens of articles that state that the girl is 17, not 14. 

And if you dont want to discuss things, why post? Don't be a dick.

Edited by Hubs

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

First off, I've done met reading on this, and there are dozens of articles that state that the girl is 17, not 14. 

And if you dont want to discuss things, why post? Don't be a dick.

Derailing the thread based on everything you don't know. This wasn't supposed to be a Franco discussion thread. His situation only factors into why the Rays are a pretty down team right now.

1 minute ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Derailing the thread based on everything you don't know. This wasn't supposed to be a Franco discussion thread. His situation only factors into why the Rays are a pretty down team right now.

Agreed. I think the Angels have a chance as this is a huge distraction. 

Last thing, I promise...

I am in no way defending Franco, or his actions. OK? Let's just be clear about that. But I do like to see the investigation pan out before people call for banning him for life. Bauer didn't get banned, and I didn't defend him either. If there is an actual accusation, like there was in the Bauer case, I will believe the woman, but I do want to see an investigation before I condemn Franco or call for his banishment.

Now lets go beat the Rays 3/3 this weekend!

Edited by Hubs

23 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I havent see an article stating she is 17. Can you link it? I see a seperate lawsuit from a 17 year old but that is not the same girl.