• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani's Looming Free Agency

Ohtani's Looming Free Agency  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Does he stay or does he go?

• He's all about the Benjamins. HE GONE!
    • He only wants to win. HE GONE!
    • There's already been discussions that we don't know about. HE STAYS!
    • He has a loyalty to the only organization that would let him be a 2-way player. HE STAYS!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/21/2023 at 04:59 AM

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

I’d be more upset about that than if he goes to the Dodgers.

Really. I feel like most Angels fans would be most upset about him going to the Dodgers out of any team. He wouldn't even need to change his residence. It would be a major slap in the face.

If he went to Seattle then at least you could point to things like he prefers living up there, likes the weather, etc.

1 minute ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Really. I feel like most Angels fans would be most upset about him going to the Dodgers out of any team. He wouldn't even need to change his residence. It would be a major slap in the face.

If he went to Seattle then at least you could point to things like he prefers living up there, likes the weather, etc.

It’s more understandable if he goes to LA, IMO.

Because he’d be living in the same climate, not moving that far, and be on a team that perennially wins.

6 minutes ago, Trendon said:

It’s more understandable if he goes to LA, IMO.

Because he’d be living in the same climate, not moving that far, and be on a team that perennially wins.

You're suddenly talking about what would be more "understandable" when we were actually talking about what would sting the Angels fanbase the most. WAY different.

Of course it would be more understandable if he signed with the Dodgers over any other team besides the Angels. Very practical for him. It would also hurt a lot. If he went to Seattle or Texas or some east-coast team then it would be like an entire change of scenery for his career.

1 hour ago, VladdyforHOF said:

You're suddenly talking about what would be more "understandable" when we were actually talking about what would sting the Angels fanbase the most. WAY different.

I'm just speaking for myself, and the "sting" would be less if he makes an "understandable decision."

And I also hate the Mariners more than the Dodgers, which is why I'd be more upset with him going to Seattle.

On 8/18/2023 at 11:32 AM, Angel Oracle said:

If he leaves, sign Yamamoto, as a foreign FA, no lost draft pick.

Strength
He is a good command pitcher and has many types of breaking balls.
He is still 25 years old.
Stable Stats (the Sawamura Award* in 2021 and 2022)

Weakness
He is not very tall (5ft10).
His four-seam isn't so fast (average 94.3mph and maximum 98.8mph in 2022).

*, Japan's equivalent to the Cy Young Award

------

His curveballs

(YouTube) His artistic curveballs Splitters Yamamoto vs Ohtani (2017)