• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Giants @ Angels (August 7th, 2023)

Chuck

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

2001, lost 19 of our final 21 games.

Then 6-14 to start 2002.

Then...glory. But those were different players then. We don't have men like Erstad, Salmon, Glaus, Eckstein, Percival etc. Not even close.

We started winning and it was contagious. A winning spirit took over this team. 

Don't forget Spiezio and B. Molina.  These were two of the Halo's greatest clutch performers ever.  Also, we were able to shorten games with Donnelly, Krod, Percival and that goggles guy.  

37 minutes ago, oldguy said:

Don't forget Spiezio and B. Molina.  These were two of the Halo's greatest clutch performers ever.  Also, we were able to shorten games with Donnelly, Krod, Percival and that goggles guy.  

I think Donnelly was the goggles guy.

9 hours ago, IheartLA said:

We’re done.

Yup.

And I'm pretty much done watching this team for the rest of the season. 

Besides a couple of the stand out players, I don't know how such a bunch of gutless pussies can put on a professional baseball uniform with a straight face.

10 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Yup.

Besides a couple of the stand out players, I don't know how such a bunch of gutless pussies can put on a professional baseball uniform with a straight face.

Well, they're making tons of money, guaranteed no matter their performance or motivation. In the real world they'd be fired but you can't cut most of your roster. 

Things are out of whack but there's probably no turning back. Shohei will soon be raking in $50 mill a year. I don't question his motivation. He's one of the few...but $50 million per?

13 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Well, they're making tons of money, guaranteed no matter their performance or motivation. In the real world they'd be fired but you can't cut most of your roster. 

Things are out of whack but there's probably no turning back. Shohei will soon be raking in $50 mill a year. I don't question his motivation. He's one of the few...but $50 million per?

In the real world if you are hurt at work you aren’t getting fired. In the real world no one gets upset for people missing work when they are injured on the job. Grow up and stop being jealous. 

31 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Yup.

Didn’t you have the talent but quit because it wasn’t worth it?  That’s what you said so this is a pretty fresh take coming from a quitter. 

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

In the real world if you are hurt at work you aren’t getting fired. In the real world no one gets upset for people missing work when they are injured on the job. Grow up and stop being jealous. 

What part of "their performance or motivation" did you not understand? I said nothing about injuries.

3 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Yup.

Gutless pussies? Possibly.  To me, this team just never played loose all year.  Ohtani is extremely popular, and they were desperate to keep him.  What they needed, early on, was for Trout to hit a homerun, then take that Samurai Warrior hat and just stomp on it while screaming, "USA bitches!!!"  That may have loosened things up.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

It doesn’t feel like hyperbole to say the team has quit. I think they hate us fans. 

They lost 5 straight in 8th-10th inning and you call that quitting!!!!

The team is fighting but crappy luck.

Its often said in sports that you "would rather be lucky than good". 

Championship teams are both.  Right now we are not very good with 40% of the 40 man roster on IL.  However they are battling and coming up short to better teams.

23 minutes ago, stormngt said:

They lost 5 straight in 8th-10th inning and you call that quitting!!!!

The team is fighting but crappy luck.

Its often said in sports that you "would rather be lucky than good". 

Championship teams are both.  Right now we are not very good with 40% of the 40 man roster on IL.  However they are battling and coming up short to better teams.

Apparently, you didn't understand my post was tongue and cheek. I also do not think they actually hate us. 

@Jeff Fletcher what was the catch probability of Patrick Bailey’s double in the 9th inning on Monday?

Savant says the ball only had an xBA of .180, and Grichuk has rated poorly as a defender this season.

In hindsight, you’d prefer that they had a better defender out there. And Adams clearly isn’t trusted to be a defensive replacement, which begs the question of why he’s rotting on the bench instead of bringing up a guy like Phillips who can play good defense and is used to sitting on the bench?