• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels recall Jimmy Herget and Gerardo Reyes, option Zack Weiss, place Chris Devenski on IL

mmc

50 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

My guess would be yes or they wouldn’t have jobs. 

Yeah, what job in the world can you not listen to your bosses and still have that job….

the pitching has been bad, I think it’s mainly on execution of pitches and struggling to get out of innings with 2 outs. That Heget pitch with the bases loaded in game 1 of the Yankees series was an 0-2 change up right down broadway. What happened to wasting a pitch to try to get someone to chase when you’re ahead in the count. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

My guess would be yes or they wouldn’t have jobs. 

So does that mean the Angels analytics people aren’t as good as analytics people from teams like the Rays and Dodgers?

Because it’s clear that those teams are better than the Angels, and there’s got to be a root cause.

Whether it’s execs, PD, R&D, coaches, or something.

9 hours ago, Trendon said:

So does that mean the Angels analytics people aren’t as good as analytics people from teams like the Rays and Dodgers?

Because it’s clear that those teams are better than the Angels, and there’s got to be a root cause.

Whether it’s execs, PD, R&D, coaches, or something.

You left out a kind of important group: the players. 

15 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You left out a kind of important group: the players. 

obviously they have better players, I figured that was implied.

But those teams do a good job assembling a group of good players, and there’s a root cause behind that.

If it’s player development, someone is leading that.

If it’s drafting, someone’s leading that.

If it’s pro scouting, someone’s leading that.

At some level, those teams must have better employees in order to accumulate those good players.

13 minutes ago, Trendon said:

obviously they have better players, I figured that was implied.

But those teams do a good job assembling a group of good players, and there’s a root cause behind that.

If it’s player development, someone is leading that.

If it’s drafting, someone’s leading that.

If it’s pro scouting, someone’s leading that.

At some level, those teams must have better employees in order to accumulate those good players.

Well now you’re really going beyond the scope of what I thought we were talking about, which was how a major league pitching coach impacts major league pitchers. 

If you want to zoom all the way up to the entire player procurement and development process, yes there are tons of little variables that different teams do to be better at it. 

That’s what I wrote my 3 part series on last fall. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Well now you’re really going beyond the scope of what I thought we were talking about, which was how a major league pitching coach impacts major league pitchers. 

We were talking about major league pitching coaches, but you said that you “think those teams just have coaches who do exactly what the analytics people tell them.”

Which led to me discussing those team’s analytics people, since they apparently feed the info to coaches and thus are more important.