• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Houston Astros vs Angels (July 14th, 2023) Shohei on the mound

Chuck

Just now, Waybackman said:

I’m beginning to think this isn’t a very good team.

On paper, it was a decent team. The injuries, which led to patchwork lineups and players out of their best positions, and so many other problems which have been well covered here.

Braves are an example of a well balanced team where everyone contributes and there's an attitude of winning there. Baltimore too.

Reds, Rays, the list goes on. But for us, all you hear is will Ohtani leave, will he be traded, will Trout ask to be traded? Etc...it seems we've packed it in and tonight's sloppy play illustrates that.

Just now, Trendon said:

Nevin calls the stupidest bunt ever, yet multiple people here rush to blame Stefanic.

Blame Nevin for putting him in that position, not Stefanic for not executing in a spot where he shouldn't even be bunting.

I mean you're down three runs and it's getting late and your giving up an out for maybe ONE FUCKING RUN?

Just now, T-angel said:

You serious? Lol. So completely on him? Ok. If a man is a so-so swimmer I suppose I should make him be a lifeguard for a day. 

Well you are awful at comparisons so I guess the answer is no?  It’s a bunt and he’s a middle infielder with limited power. So yes he should be able to get a bunt down.  If you want to blame someone else, go for it.  I’m sure you are a tremendous employee. 

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Nevin calls the stupidest bunt ever, yet multiple people here rush to blame Stefanic.

Blame Nevin for putting him in that position, not Stefanic for not executing in a spot where he shouldn't even be bunting.

Blame the manager?  Ok. Stefanic gets zero blame for not being able to execute. That’s the world we live in. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Blame the manager?  Ok. Stefanic gets zero blame for not being able to execute. That’s the world we live in. 

You can go both ways on that Strad, but I'm with @Trendon. Why even fucking bunt in that situation when you're down three runs?

If you're playing for the tie late or early on to get a run closer, go for it. But not there. Stefanic hits for a high average and his knock alone could have produced a run. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

You can go both ways on that Strad, but I'm with @Trendon. Why even fucking bunt in that situation when you're down three runs?

If you're playing for the tie late or early on to get a run closer, go for it. But not there. Stefanic hits for a high average and his knock alone could have produced a run. 

Read my post before Chuck. I disagreed with the decision but once the decision is made the player has to execute. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I personally am not a fan of bunting at all, but there are situations where it makes some sense.

The Wallach bunt earlier in the game is a perfect example. 0-0 game, with runners at 1B and 2B and 0 outs.

Bunting over the runners down 3 makes no sense. You need 3 runs to win, not 1 or 2.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Well you are awful at comparisons so I guess the answer is no?  It’s a bunt and he’s a middle infielder with limited power. So yes he should be able to get a bunt down.  If you want to blame someone else, go for it.  I’m sure you are a tremendous employee. 

That was a good analogy. Sorry it escapes you. Should have and actually having the ability to do something are two worlds apart. He deserves some accountability but not all.