• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/27/23): Angels vs White Sox - no Trout

mmc

9 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Glad they stuck with Carlos and didn't waste another arm warming up 

Give props to Nevin. Carlos has been the man all year. Builds confidence in Carlos showing little trouble we are sticking with you. Nice to see Devenski with good inn. Now need Moore back BP could be solid in second half.

11 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Easily the MVP frontrunner (unless an AL East or Astros hitter has 2 good weeks in September)

Reference: Ohtani's post-game press conference NHK Sports

On June 27 (June 28 Japan Standard Time)

Q. It's still June, but how do you feel about the fans calling you "MVP"?
A. I've also been called in 2021, so it feels good whenever I'm called, and I'm grateful for the support.

9 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

How big into baseball/Ohtani is the Japanese side of the family? My wife is half Japanese but unfortunately doesn't follow sports or know who any athletes are unless they intersect with tabloid gossip (which guys like Ohtani and Trout never will). 

Really only my mom was.  She used to tell me about the players that were coming to the U.S.  She loved Ichirio.  She got to meet Hideki Matsui once, but her favorite player was Jered Weaver.   I miss her.

23 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Just curious, but how many games have the Angels won this season when Trout has been out of the lineup?

What's their record?

38-37 in games he’s played in. In one of those games he pinch hit in a loss.  Most of his days off coincide with Ohtani pitching. 

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So we play well against right handed pitching. 

Interestingly their OPS splits are pretty much identical vs left and right (.770 vs .779), though the eye test does make it seem like they struggle against lefties. Probably just random variation or we've just had better pitching against opposing righties. 

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

Interestingly their OPS splits are pretty much identical vs left and right (.770 vs .779), though the eye test does make it seem like they struggle against lefties. Probably just random variation or we've just had better pitching against opposing righties. 

You and I were looking this stuff simultaneously and you beat me to the punch.