• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OF Mix

Hubs

Trout being in a slump always is talked about. Ward not hitting as well, then hitting well, is a constant. Moniak lack of playing time...Walsh not hitting is also a topic, even on the Angelswin podcast this week.

But no one seems to be talking about Renfroe slumping... and after a hot start has really slumped. His OPS in May was .200 points lower (.638) than in April (.844). So far in June, in 6 games he's halfway between the two (.738)... 

So does he play everyday just because of his defense in Right? Ward was good there last year, if not as good as Renfroe, and Moniak is capable at all three spots.

Right now, for example this week against Texas and KC, 7 games... There are 21 OF starts.

As I've said in other threads... I think Ohtani, even though he is doing so well at the plate, may need a rest day to get better on the mound. And Trout then can be the DH for one of these 7 games. Next week, they both can play all 5 games, but this week, giving Trout a day off his feet in the KC Series, and Ohtani the day off from hitting on Wednesday or preferably Friday against the Royals. 

So does Trout get 6 games in the OF, 1 at DH, and then the other guys all get 5? Or does Ward or Moniak get 6?

I'm sure Renfroe will rebound, but we need three productive OF...

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

Ward was good there last year, if not as good as Renfroe

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with that. Ward does not have close to the arm Renfroe has and for some reason Ward seemed to be tentative about any hit down the line and let plenty of balls bounce foul that he should have caught. But you are correct that Renfroe is in a tailspin offensively and Moniak is a viable alternative vs right handed pitching. 

Players slump.

In April, May, June, July, August... September.   Get this... even October.

I'll never cease to be fascinated by long time baseball fans not seemingly understanding this fact of life.

Hunter Renfroe... after a slump is still an average hitter for the season.   Key is after a slump.  He'll pick it up.   Then people will say how great he is.  Then...

36 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Renfroe is a feast or famine hitter. Always, has been. You tolerate the bad month because the next month, he'll basically carry the team. 

He's Ghandi right now!...Is he breast feeding that new kid?

Edited by REDneck