• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Great, another BART strike coming

They could begin striking at midnight tomorrow.

BART employees average $16,000/year in overtime pay and their health insurance costs $92 each month, yet they're not happy.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Tense-BART-negotiations-resume-with-strike-looming-4638163.php

Actually, the article you quoted says $11K in OT, not $16K.  Stick with the facts.  

That said...**** these guys.  Seriously.  They're making out better than most of the rest of the country and they're striking because their annual raise won't be enough?  Again...**** these guys.

Actually, the article you quoted says $11K in OT, not $16K.  Stick with the facts.  

That said...**** these guys.  Seriously.  They're making out better than most of the rest of the country and they're striking because their annual raise won't be enough?  Again...**** these guys.

When I first posted this, the paragraph below quoted $16,000 in overtime and had the average employee earning $65,000 a year. They've updated the story. In fact, the current article is much longer than the one I linked to in the original post. So I stuck to the facts as they were written when I made this post. The reporter obviously didn't have his facts right when he first wrote the story.

"BART said that train operators and station agents in the unions average about $71,000 in base salary and $11,000 in overtime annually. The workers also pay a flat $92 monthly fee for health insurance."

By TERRY COLLINS, Associated Press

Updated 11:06 pm, Sunday, June 30, 2013

When I first posted this, the paragraph below quoted $16,000 in overtime and had the average employee earning $65,000 a year. They've updated the story. In fact, the current article is much longer than the one I linked to in the original post. So I stuck to the facts as they were written when I made this post. The reporter obviously didn't have his facts right when he first wrote the story.

"BART said that train operators and station agents in the unions average about $71,000 in base salary and $11,000 in overtime annually. The workers also pay a flat $92 monthly fee for health insurance."

By TERRY COLLINS, Associated Press

Updated 11:06 pm, Sunday, June 30, 2013

Seems like pretty good pay to me for what I believe is an unskilled job (I could be wrong about the unskilled, don't really know what jobs at BART entail but I couldn't imagine a station agent needing a formal education).

"BART said that train operators and station agents in the unions average about $71,000 in base salary and $11,000 in overtime annually. The workers also pay a flat $92 monthly fee for health insurance."

WTF are they complaining about?

"The two unions, which represent nearly 2,400 train operators, station agents, mechanics, maintenance workers and professional staff, want a 5 percent raise each year over the next three years."

So after those three years, they'll be averaging about $82,000 in just base salary and well over $90K with overtime?  Seriously??

• 3 months later...