• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/23/23): Angels vs Red Sox - Canning on the mound

mmc

Moniak is hot now. Gotta let him play for now. Internal team competition should be a positive. Keeps the intensity up.

So far catching has been adequate with the Thais/Wallach pair. But remember, O'Hoppe was supposed to be the main starter. Too bad he essentially is losing most of a season of experience. Also looks like Wallach is regressing at the plate though with a small sample size. And he's probably better defensively than Thais. Who overall has been decent. Hopefully the combo can be sufficient. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

It appears Mr Ward has hit his way out of the lineup.

They're really going with the hot hand. I wonder if this is Nevin or Perry. I don't necessarily agree with this, but with the Rangers and Astros seemingly winning daily and Ohtani perhaps out the door, there's a lot of pressure for the Angels to win. I think Ward's resurgence is better for the team than Moniak but the choice has been made. Does anyone know what's going on with Ward?

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

Moniak is hot now. Gotta let him play for now. Internal team competition should be a positive. Keeps the intensity up.

So far catching has been adequate with the Thais/Wallach pair. But remember, O'Hoppe was supposed to be the main starter. Too bad he essentially is losing most of a season of experience. Also looks like Wallach is regressing at the plate though with a small sample size. And he's probably better defensively than Thais. Who overall has been decent. Hopefully the combo can be sufficient. 

I wonder how many people believe in this... the hot hand. Do you remove a "regular" for a hot hitter?

36 minutes ago, Torridd said:

They're really going with the hot hand. I wonder if this is Nevin or Perry. I don't necessarily agree with this, but with the Rangers and Astros seemingly winning daily and Ohtani perhaps out the door, there's a lot of pressure for the Angels to win. I think Ward's resurgence is better for the team than Moniak but the choice has been made. Does anyone know what's going on with Ward?

Maybe he should put catching gear back on. How about get him 1B and a 3B glove?

52 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I wonder how many people believe in this... the hot hand. Do you remove a "regular" for a hot hitter?

In this case you do.

Love to see a Ward reemergence, but you play Moniak until the bat runs out.

If the bat doesn't run out, then you keep playing him.

56 minutes ago, Torridd said:

The only people it matters if they believe in this are Nevin and Minassian. Their jobs depend on the wisdom of this decision. The rest of us ? It makes no difference whether we like it. Winning solves everything. Just win baby and these questions disappear.