• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/13/23): Angels @ Guardians - Moniak leading off in season debut

mmc

4 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

They set themselves up for that.  Burn Devenski early.  Burn Moore Yesterday.  Two long guys in the pen.  And now you're forced into a spot where you have to rely on Tepera to get big outs.  Just really piss poor management.  

Saw this coming yesterday, at least they got the win so I guess I can live with it. Really should've held Devenski back and let Tepera blow it in the 6th inning instead of the 8th.

Just now, HeavenlyHalos said:

Yeah, if the Angels had zero minor league depth I would somewhat understand keeping Tepera & Loup but that is not the case. DFA both and call up some of the depth. We can't keep fucking around in games with two absolutely worthless BP options

Shitty bullpens are a staple of the franchise so I don’t see it changing anytime soon 

3 minutes ago, TooCool said:

Was it Detmers or Sandoval that said they wanted to reach 20 wins before the season started? Either way, my first thought was "Yeah, not with this blowpen. Not even close." Then my second thought was, "No one reaches 20 wins anymore".

Your third thought should have been, "You need to last longer than 5 innings per start if you want to win 20."

5 minutes ago, TooCool said:

Was it Detmers or Sandoval that said they wanted to reach 20 wins before the season started? Either way, my first thought was "Yeah, not with this blowpen. Not even close." Then my second thought was, "No one reaches 20 wins anymore".

I think it was Detmers.  A quarter way through the season and he’s 0-3.

4 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Whoever's idea it was to go with the two inning reliever thing AND have two long guys in the pen is a moron.  It. Just. Can't. Work.  

The math just leaves you too few options in high leverage situations when you've got guys like Tepera, Herget, Davidson and Barria.  

Nevin needs to start thinking ahead. He is managing his bullpen backwards. You don't bring Tepera in to bail out Wantz, you do it the other way around. When you lose games in the 6th inning instead of the 8th you save your better arms for when they can actually change the outcome.