• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My Nightmare

Last night I had a dream that I was part of the Angels' front office staff and I had to PLEAD with Perry Minasian to just listen to the argument that, the future be damned, the team had to make the playoffs while Trout and Ohtani were on the same team. ALL the prospects needed to be bait to fix the bullpen. I'm 49 and I'm having nightmares that should be reserved for baseball fans entering puberty.

1 minute ago, TroutBaseball said:

Last night I had a dream that I was part of the Angels' front office staff and I had to PLEAD with Perry Minasian to just listen to the argument that, the future be damned, the team had to make the playoffs while Trout and Ohtani were on the same team. ALL the prospects needed to be bait to fix the bullpen. I'm 49 and I'm having nightmares that should be reserved for baseball fans entering puberty.

I’m younger than I thought!  Seriously, I once asked a general question something like, “Given the importance of the year and the chances his job relies on him making the playoffs, should Minasain be allowed to trade away the farm (I was hoping they’d get a SS from somewhere),” the answe was a resounding not for rentals.

35 minutes ago, TroutBaseball said:

I’m failing to see how this dream would result in it being “wet”

The Halos history with acquiring relievers hasn’t been good.

Many of them struggled.

Iglesias for a year, Robles for a year and a half, and Frieri for 2/3 of a season were the main exceptions going back to early in the 2010s.

Need I point out that forgettable quartet signed before the 2013 season?

Maybe Estevez and Moore can reverse that trend?