• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

On This Day

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Redondo said:

I go to FoxNews for the comments.

It must have been good back then not having to worry about the lgbtq lifestyle people trying to indoctrinate our kids in school & push their beliefs on everyone else through the liberal media & the democrats.

1 hour ago, cals said:

What's hilarious is that most of the people commenting on the article are pro-Beatles, but the same people, if they were their age now in 1964, would have been cursing those long haired hippies from England. 

I was wondering that when he posted the Jackie Robinson article. If Fox News was around back then they would have called the Dodgers "woke." Although @Redondois old enough that he probably was at the stadium throwing empty beer tins at him. 

56 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I was wondering that when he posted the Jackie Robinson article. If Fox News was around back then they would have called the Dodgers "woke." Although @Redondois old enough that he probably was at the stadium throwing empty beer tins at him. 

Lol, not quite that old

First game I went to was in 1966

You guys will be old one day hopefully

It sucks getting old, but I'm just thankful to be here

So many people younger than me have passed away

2 hours ago, cals said:

What's hilarious is that most of the people commenting on the article are pro-Beatles, but the same people, if they were their age now in 1964, would have been cursing those long haired hippies from England. 

You are right. A lot of older people didn't like them and the long hair back then

My parents were good with it and allowed us to listen to all kinds of music

image.png

On this day in history, Feb. 14, 270 AD, Saint Valentine beaten, beheaded for defying emperor's marriage ban

Third-century Roman priest Valentinus was brutally beaten and beheaded after marrying couples in defiance of Emperor Claudius II's ban on the sacrament of marriage on this day in history, Feb. 14, 270 A.D.

"When Valentine’s actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death," says History.com.

"Valentine was arrested and dragged before the Prefect of Rome, who condemned him to be beaten to death with clubs and to have his head cut off. The sentence was carried out on February 14, on or about the year 270."

ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY, FEB. 13, 1861, ARMY SURGEON J.D. IRWIN RESCUES 60 MEN IN FIRST MEDAL OF HONOR ACTION

The execution of the priest committed to betrothal is celebrated around the world as Saint Valentine's Day. The celebration of romance has been secularized in recent decades as Valentine's Day.

The holiday's association with roses and romance stands in sharp contrast to Saint Valentine's grisly execution — or the contemporary fixation with the saint's dismembered body parts.