• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

On This Day

Puerto Vallarta got such a bad reputation the Mexican board of tourism promoted the resorts of Nuevo Vallarta, Narayit instead of Puerto Vallarta. They even changed the name of the city from Nuevo Vallarta to Nuevo Naryit distancing them further from negative images of the old resorts. We were instructed 8 years ago not to use Puerto Vallarta on any signage or location identifiers on Bachelor in Paradise. 

First place I ever had an alcoholic beverage in public was Puerto Vallarta. I think I was 14.

My best friend growing up was first generation Mexican and the family used to take me on their family vacations to Mexico as a kid (I was like family to them and even lived with them on two occasions). This was before 9/11 and passports weren't exactly required. My mom would just write a letter to the Mexican government and I always got through customs. When the parents went to sleep my buddy and I would roam the streets and bounce around the bars. We had to look like babies, but money talks.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Puerto Vallarta got such a bad reputation the Mexican board of tourism promoted the resorts of Nuevo Vallarta, Narayit instead of Puerto Vallarta. They even changed the name of the city from Nuevo Vallarta to Nuevo Naryit distancing them further from negative images of the old resorts. We were instructed 8 years ago not to use Puerto Vallarta on any signage or location identifiers on Bachelor in Paradise. 

I don’t think you are correct about Puerto Vallarta.  I believe it’s considered one of the safer places to visit in Mexico.   Let’s verify with the AW member who has likely spent a lot of time there:  @Taylor you care to chime in?

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This was a rep they got years back when all of the resorts aged out. They've been investing for over a decade to rebuild but they had to shake the rep as a run down resort without all of the amenities.  

I haven’t been in 10 years but it seemed fine then.  The old town is nice and our hotel was fine.  

46 minutes ago, cals said:

I don’t think you are correct about Puerto Vallarta.  I believe it’s considered one of the safer places to visit in Mexico.   Let’s verify with the AW member who has likely spent a lot of time there:  @Taylor you care to chime in?

Is that one of the places the Mexican Riviera cruises stop? 

2 minutes ago, cals said:

I haven’t been in 10 years but it seemed fine then.  The old town is nice and our hotel was fine.  

Thats the rebuild. They went through a bad period where crime rose because the resorts were deserted. They tore down most of the old and started a revitalization. The board of tourism was very clear in our show not to refer to the area as Puerto Vallarta and had us swap out shots and identifying titles to rebrand the area. Vidanta or Narayit is the primary location names for the port area and resorts in the show.