• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosters

Vegas Halo Fan

I understand that the powers-that-be want to emphasize internationalizing the sport. That said, I fail to see the point in having players represent countries that they haven't even visited, let alone lived in. Playing for Israel because you're Jewish or for Italy because you have an Italian surname makes no sense to me.

32 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I understand that the powers-that-be want to emphasize internationalizing the sport. That said, I fail to see the point in having players represent countries that they haven't even visited, let alone lived in. Playing for Israel because you're Jewish or for Italy because you have an Italian surname makes no sense to me.

How do you know if these guys have visited or not?

• The player is a citizen of the Federation Team's country or territory, as evidenced by a valid passport the player holds as of January 1, 2013; or
  • The player is currently a permanent legal resident of the Federation Team's country or territory, as evidenced by documentation satisfactory to WBCI and the International Baseball Federation ("IBAF"), or
  • The player was born in the Federation Team's country or territory, as evidenced by a birth certificate or its equivalent; or
  • The player has one parent who is, or if deceased was, a citizen of the Federation Team's country or territory, as evidenced by a passport or other documentation satisfactory to WBCI and the IBAF; or
  • The player has one parent who was born in the Federation Team's country or territory, as evidenced by a birth certificate or its equivalent; or
  • The player presents documentary evidence satisfactory to WBCI that, even if he has not been granted citizenship or been issued a passport, the player would be granted citizenship or a passport in due course under the laws of the Federation Team's country or territory had the player applied for such citizenship or passport.