• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno Family Exploring Sale of the Los Angeles Angels

axalar

On 8/26/2022 at 1:24 PM, Dollar Bill said:

LOL, DiGiovanna has covered the Angels since before Arte bought them. No one in this market knows more about them. You should read this:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2022-08-23/angels-lost-decade-mike-trout-arte-moreno-shohei-ohtani

what does that have to do with him having contacts that are close to arte.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not sure where it is, but someone posted a link here about Carew and Moreno not getting along. I tried opening it the other day but couldn't. Anyone able to and give a breakdown?

Carew said that Scioscia barred him from attending Angels ST in 2000 after Scioscia found out Carew had been in ST with the Twins.

“But as time went on, Arte didn’t do anything about it,” Carew said of his riff with Scioscia and his deteriorating relationship with the team. “Then, there was a little resentment. Even though [Moreno] would have me in his suite, I didn’t feel comfortable, but I was trying to be a nice guy and not have any problems with the organization.”

But the big issue for Carew was that after he had heart and kidney surgery, no one in the Angels org except Tim Mead checked in on him, while the Twins President flew out to LA to visit him in the hospital multiple times.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2022-08-23/rod-carew-angels-possible-sell-arte-moreno?_amp=true

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

Carew said that Scioscia barred him from attending Angels ST in 2000 after Scioscia found out Carew had been in ST with the Twins.

“But as time went on, Arte didn’t do anything about it,” Carew said of his riff with Scioscia and his deteriorating relationship with the team. “Then, there was a little resentment. Even though [Moreno] would have me in his suite, I didn’t feel comfortable, but I was trying to be a nice guy and not have any problems with the organization.”

But the big issue for Carew was that after he had heart and kidney surgery, no one in the Angels org except Tim Mead checked in on him, while the Twins President flew out to LA to visit him in the hospital multiple times.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2022-08-23/rod-carew-angels-possible-sell-arte-moreno?_amp=true

Appreciate it.

Is that a typo? ST with the Twins in 2000? That's all the way back??

Cheesy beef, too. But the plot thickens. Odd move by Sosh...

9 hours ago, Trendon said:

Am I misremembering?  I am almost positive Carew had a night at the stadium after his heart surgery,  where he threw out the first pitch at a game, it was like “Rod Carew” night.  They were bringing awareness to being a donor or of heart health, something like that.  They also had him in the booth talking about his procedure and how he was feeling. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Am I misremembering?  I am almost positive Carew had a night at the stadium after his heart surgery,  where he threw out the first pitch at a game, it was like “Rod Carew” night.  They were bringing awareness to being a donor or of heart health, something like that.  They also had him in the booth talking about his procedure and how he was feeling. 

I don’t know.

I’m just restating what Carew said in that article. I didn’t fact check what he said.

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

I don’t know.

I’m just restating what Carew said in that article. I didn’t fact check what he said.

I guess I’m asking the board, and quoted you for context. I am 99% that happened. That being said it doesn’t devalue how he feels about his relationship with the team. 

On 8/26/2022 at 12:17 PM, gotbeer said:

Don't know if this was posted.  But there was the Carew mention earlier in the thread.

Twins legend Rod Carew explains his bitter breakup with the Angels

tl;dr

Scioscia told him in spring training one year that he couldn't coach with both the Twins and the Angels.

Outside of Tim Meade no one from the Angels visited him in the hospital when he thought he was dying.

I mean I kinda get it, but he also comes across like he's one of those people who expects to have his ass kissed and probably isn't all that fun to be around when it isn't.

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yes, I remember all of that, but that's not the beef. The beef is essentially that Arte or Carpino didn't visit him in the hospital.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Appreciate it.

Is that a typo? ST with the Twins in 2000? That's all the way back??

Cheesy beef, too. But the plot thickens. Odd move by Sosh...

I mean I kinda get Sosh's perspective here. He was taking the coaching seriously. I don't think he would've been ok with his staff pulling double duty and helping out the players in Dodger camp either. 

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I mean I kinda get Sosh's perspective here. He was taking the coaching seriously. I don't think he would've been ok with his staff pulling double duty and helping out the players in Dodger camp either. 

Funny you mention that. As soon as I read your above comment that popped into my head. You're right.

And it's kind of odd (and I'm sure there more to it) that he said he would go to games and sit in Artes suite, and Arte wasn't a dick, but Carew didn't feel comfortable.

I'll assume there's more to it than that. But I'm not sure that in itself is enough to go public with a grudge. 

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny you mention that. As soon as I read your above comment that popped into my head. You're right.

And it's kind of odd (and I'm sure there more to it) that he said he would go to games and sit in Artes suite, and Arte wasn't a dick, but Carew didn't feel comfortable.

I'll assume there's more to it than that. But I'm not sure that in itself is enough to go public with a grudge. 

Maybe it's just Moreno's soul is corrupted and Carew has very high empathy and can feel the vibes.

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

BSW is owned by Sinclair and also broadcasts Kings games along with various other sports

My point was that the topic was settled in 2012 when Arte signed the huge deal with them, which also included a large ownership stake in the channel. Any theoretical Angels network would need another team or two to be relevant for the other half of the year.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Any theoretical Angels network would need another team or two to be relevant for the other half of the year.

Not to brag, but our flag football team in 1-0 against fire this year. (We scheduled it ahead of time knowing the Santa Ana's were coming and they'd have to forfeit for a brush fire).

I can talk to the guys at work and get the initial negotiations started.

22 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

My point was that the topic was settled in 2012 when Arte signed the huge deal with them, which also included a large ownership stake in the channel. Any theoretical Angels network would need another team or two to be relevant for the other half of the year.

Wasn't that a 10 year deal? If so, that would be ending. Arte's ownership stake was with Fox Sport West. With the sale to Sinclair, one could assume Arte no longer has a share because of such buyout.