• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you like to see the City Connect jerseys replace the current home jersey?

mmc

Would you like to see the City Connect jerseys replace the current home jersey?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the City Connect jerseys replace the current home jersey?

• Yes I would
    • No I wouldn’t
    • Wouldn’t care either way

9 minutes ago, Trendon said:

If that was my only choice, yes.

But if they’re changing jersey’s, I think they should just make the ‘70’s uniforms the primary jersey.

Agree that I would just because I don’t really like the current home one, I’d rather just modernize the concept though than go back to a previous jersey

The whole revolving door around logos and jerseys and colors, etc. is all part of the bigger branding problem this organization has had for years.  Everything from the team name to the revolving door around broadcasters adds to the identity of this team being sort of rinky-dink.   That's just my opinion.  I hate the Dodgers, but their brand has been consistent for as long as I can remember.  Teams like the Yankees, Cardinals, Red Sox and others don't change logos or colors as far as I know and they certainly don't change their names.  Hell, even their broadcast teams seem stable over the years (although I'm not 100% certain of that).  It's like the Angels are always tinkering... they're always trying to fix something that's broken. 

And yes, I know the City connect jerseys are all together different... but the topic prompted me to rant a bit about the overall brand.

Edited by T.G.

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

The whole revolving door around logos and jerseys and colors, etc. is all part of the bigger branding problem this organization has had for years.  Everything from the team name to the revolving door around broadcasters adds to the identity of this team being sort of rinky-dink.   That's just my opinion.  I hate the Dodgers, but their brand has been consistent for as long as I can remember.  Teams like the Yankees, Cardinals, Red Sox and others don't change logos or colors as far as I know and they certainly don't change their names.  Hell, even their broadcast teams seem stable over the years (although I'm not 100% certain of that).  It's like the Angels are always tinkering... they're always trying to fix something that's broken. 

Hasn’t it been like 20 years since we last changed the primary jersey set?

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Hasn’t it been like 20 years since we last changed the primary jersey set?

Yes, but how many iterations have there been over the last 60 years?  Quite a few, IMO.  I realize 20 years is close to a lifetime for you and it's the only jersey you've known - so my point is probably lost on you.

Just now, T.G. said:

Yes, but how many iterations have there been over the last 60 years?  Quite a few, IMO.  I realize 20 years is close to a lifetime for you and it's the only jersey you've known - so my point is probably lost on you.

I mean I just don’t think that really matters when wondering if this current set should be re-designed.  This current set isn’t really timeless IMO, and enough time has passed to where it makes sense to give them an update.  Plenty of teams have changed their set more than once in that time.  That said I don’t think they’re egregious or really “need” to be changed.  Though I superstitiously can’t help but wonder if a change in brand might shake some of the bad energy off of this team

30 minutes ago, Trendon said:

If that was my only choice, yes.

But if they’re changing jersey’s, I think they should just make the ‘70’s uniforms the primary jersey.

This.

But to answer the question, Yes. I like the City Connect Jerseys. 

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

I mean I just don’t think that really matters when wondering if this current set should be re-designed.  This current set isn’t really timeless IMO, and enough time has passed to where it makes sense to give them an update.  Plenty of teams have changed their set more than once in that time.  That said I don’t think they’re egregious or really “need” to be changed.  Though I superstitiously can’t help but wonder if a change in brand might shake some of the bad energy off of this team

I just went off topic.... that's all.  Sorry.

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

And yes, I know the City connect jerseys are all together different... but the topic prompted me to rant a bit about the overall brand.

They actually wore the same uniform for 20 years (1973-1992).   That was nice to see.