• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Raisel Iglesias to the Braves for Tucker Davidson and Jesse Chavez

mmc

6 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Minasian is a moron.  

You probably get a better return for him last year.  But instead, they don't trade him because it gives them a better chance to re-sign him and then they do bring him back.  Convincing the player he's part of their plan for the next 4 years.  Then they trade him as a salary dump for peanuts.  So they minimized the return and kind of deceived the player.  I'm not saying that isn't part of baseball, but how often do teams pull the plug after one year?  And how does that sit with other players who might consider coming here?

When he was resigned this off-season Angels were trying to compete. That has not worked out with injuries again this year. So maybe halos going in a different direction. Only time will tell.

6 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I guess they forgot he has to want to stay here... 

Maybe he was sick of Iglesias blowing saves.

And thought Syndegaard was a jerk.

And thought Marsh was Chewbacca.

(I don't think any of those were the case, but I'm trying to find some silver lining in the long term.plan)

This board is hilarious. 

Plans change. Perry realized how weak our lineup is and that the money would need to go there in the offseason. We need a Shortstop and possibly an OF. The thing is, if you watched games this year, Iglesias regressed big time. Nobody could have predicted that. His velo was down, and he was hittable--from the A's, the Jays, the White Sox...he didn't look like a $16 million dominant closer. And everyone wanted to re-sign him last year. 

Another reason he does this is because back-end relief is actually our biggest prospect strength right now. Joyce, Murphy, Marte, Peguero, Bachman, C-Rod, and Torres all have a chance to fill that role. We have a lot of cheap options for the 8th and 9th inning right now. That wasn't true 9 months ago. So we move off of Iglesias' money--obviously some for Ohtani--but also to spread around in a better way to improve our depth. And we get a possible LRP or #5 starter out of it. Not bad. 

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

When he was resigned this off-season Angels were trying to compete. That has not worked out with injuries again this year. So maybe halos going in a different direction. Only time will tell.

Yah.  Sorry.  No.  They have been 'trying to compete' for a decade plus to no avail.  They're not going in a different direction.  You need to stop with the rebuild narrative.  It's not happening.  They're gonna try to be competitive in 2023.  And 2024.  and 2025.  

They're all lateral moves once again.  

All assets in exchange for things that will bear fruit in 1-2 years.  

18 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

He will be closer for them next year

And he and Jansen will be their primary back end guys this year….Chavez has been really good but Iglesias at his best gives them a better chance to repeat this year….

5 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Yah.  Sorry.  No.  They have been 'trying to compete' for a decade plus to no avail.  They're not going in a different direction.  You need to stop with the rebuild narrative.  It's not happening.  They're gonna try to be competitive in 2023.  And 2024.  and 2025.  

They're all lateral moves once again.  

All assets in exchange for things that will bear fruit in 1-2 years.  

So you try and compete for ten years and it has not worked out. Let's do the same thing. Trades of Marsh and Raisel point in a new direction and only time will tell. 2022 Angels could have most loses in team history. What will change in 2023? Many on AW think a rebuild is necessary after 7 losing seasons. Again, only time will tell. Maybe Angel's win WS next year I know you will get good odds on that happening. This is just my opinion but Angel's are not on the cusp of winning.

18 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

This board is hilarious. 

Plans change. Perry realized how weak our lineup is and that the money would need to go there in the offseason. We need a Shortstop and possibly an OF. The thing is, if you watched games this year, Iglesias regressed big time. Nobody could have predicted that. His velo was down, and he was hittable--from the A's, the Jays, the White Sox...he didn't look like a $16 million dominant closer. And everyone wanted to re-sign him last year. 

Another reason he does this is because back-end relief is actually our biggest prospect strength right now. Joyce, Murphy, Marte, Peguero, Bachman, C-Rod, and Torres all have a chance to fill that role. We have a lot of cheap options for the 8th and 9th inning right now. That wasn't true 9 months ago. So we move off of Iglesias' money--obviously some for Ohtani--but also to spread around in a better way to improve our depth. And we get a possible LRP or #5 starter out of it. Not bad. 

Needing a shortstop and an outfielder is not new. He had options for both last off season and chose poorly. Minasian is a moran. 

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

So you try and compete for ten years and it has not worked out. Let's do the same thing. Trades of Marsh and Raisel point in a new direction and only time will tell. 2022 Angels could have most loses in team history. What will change in 2023? Many on AW think a rebuild is necessary after 7 losing seasons. Again, only time will tell. Maybe Angel's win WS next year I know you will get good odds on that happening. This is just my opinion but Angel's are not on the cusp of winning.

am I stating it's the way I would do it?  But look at the assets in return.  A back end starter and a roster spot relief for the Braves.  

You know what good teams do?  They eat some money and pick up better prospects.   You know what else good teams do?  They don't trade their expiring major league assets for a AAA project.  

and I literally have no idea what that Marsh trade was.  

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

ATL has done a lot of good moves this season.

Anthopolous won the championship at the trade deadline last year….You have to think he knows what he’s doing…Did Perry pay attention while he was there? Don’t know yet…

2 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

am I stating it's the way I would do it?  But look at the assets in return.  A back end starter and a roster spot relief for the Braves.  

You know what good teams do?  They eat some money and pick up better prospects.   You know what else good teams do?  They don't trade their expiring major league assets for a AAA project.  

and I literally have no idea what that Marsh trade was.  

Good teams also develop players and spend money wisely in free agency. Angel's have not done these things. They are not a good team and will take years to try and be competitive. Today was the first step.