• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hypothesizing a Noah Syndergaard Trade Return

BTH

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Call me crazy, but I’d actually prioritize upper-level prospects to help address MIF, OF, or C over pitching.

if they did go that route, some options:

40 FV: Otto Lopez, James Outman, Ryan Noda, Edouard Julien,

35+ FV: Tanner Morris, Moisés Gomez

The report on the Phillies is interesting. Syndergaard is definitely a guy that can start Game 3 or Game 4. In that sense, he’s more valuable than Heaney was. If 4-5 teams see it that way, I think the return could be a bit more valuable than originally thought. 

Also these leaks are coming from front offices to try and control the price. I am sure Stark and Dombrowski go way back. Doesn’t mean the return will be less. 

2 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

The report on the Phillies is interesting. Syndergaard is definitely a guy that can start Game 3 or Game 4. In that sense, he’s more valuable than Heaney was. If 4-5 teams see it that way, I think the return could be a bit more valuable than originally thought. 

Also these leaks are coming from front offices to try and control the price. I am sure Stark and Dombrowski go way back. Doesn’t mean the return will be less. 

There's one reason why I could see Syndergaard going to the Phillies and one reason why I can't see Syndergaard going to the Phillies:

The reason why: Since the Phillies have already gone over the luxury tax for this season and they aren't interested in trading away their top prospects, it sounds like they may try and take on more salary and pay less in prospects rather than have the team eat more salary while the Phillies pay more in prospects.

The reason why not: Syndergaard's a groundball pitcher who has struggled to get K's this season, and that could be a dangerous combination with the Phillies horrible infield defense.