• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers willing to trade Tarik Skubal

mmc

30 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He has been just barely league average over 2 seasons. Unless there are some metrics that says he is going to break out next season then his prospect value isn't that high. 

2.93 FIP this year. 111 K's in 106.2 innings

Not that Angels have the prospects for such a trade...

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Yeah, I'd do Adell for him. Not Bachman though. I know you have to give to get, but I think we can trade from other areas of depth.

I think they would want both and more, and I’d give up pretty much any young player other than Detmers

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I'd love to get Skubal, but I'm not sure the Angels have what it takes to get Skubal (at least from the players they'd be willing to deal)

Yeah I doubt it, but he’s my number one target, and I sure hope we’re at least trying 

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Extend Ohtani and we got Ohtani, Skubal, Sandoval, and Detmers anchoring the rotation for years along with all our good young pitching prospects.  I’d give up A LOT to make that happen

That’s a very good rotation. Or should be. I like those three guys of ours a lot. One of the few bright spots on this team.

5 minutes ago, Paolo11 said:

Why would the Tigers consider trading a young, cost controlled pitcher that's showing "breakout" potential?  They need to rebuild too.  Unless they think they're selling high on a guy that can't sustain his present numbers.

My guess is they have a ton of top tier pitching prospects yet they didn’t take a step forward this year because their offense was complete shit and they want to balance it out a bit.  Not that they’re certainly trading him to accomplish this, but it’s why they’re fielding offers

40 minutes ago, Paolo11 said:

Why would the Tigers consider trading a young, cost controlled pitcher that's showing "breakout" potential?  They need to rebuild too.  Unless they think they're selling high on a guy that can't sustain his present numbers.

Echoes of the Quintana deal that netted the White Sox Jimenez and Cease. And kinda the same reason I've floated Sandoval as someone the Angels should listen on (but again, not move unless totally overwhelmed). 

Like @mmc said, Skubal has enough trade value that they can turn one player with big value - who still could breakout but also, isn't necessarily proven to be a star, much like Sandoval - into several good players because of that value, which they really have a need for given how bad their position players have been the last several years. And they believe they have the pitching depth to sustain it, or, aren't setting expectations so high in 2023 that they'd be make or break with or without Skubal.

3 hours ago, mmc said:

My guess is they have a ton of top tier pitching prospects yet they didn’t take a step forward this year because their offense was complete shit and they want to balance it out a bit.  Not that they’re certainly trading him to accomplish this, but it’s why they’re fielding offers

they don't really have a ton of top tier pitching prospects

their GM, Al Avila, may be among the top 3 worst GMs in baseball (along with Dayton Moore and Bill Schmidt) and has them stuck in the middle of nowhere

5 minutes ago, Trendon said:

they don't really have a ton of top tier pitching prospects

their GM, Al Avila, may be among the top 3 worst GMs in baseball (along with Dayton Moore and Bill Schmidt) and has them stuck in the middle of nowhere

I guess most have graduated, but they have a ton of young pitching talent, Mize, Skubal, Faedo, Jobe, Madden, Manning

Skubal is a former 60 FV prospect who has actualized his 60 FV potential, is 25 and with four more years of club control.

Adell is a former 60/65 FV prospect who is threatening to be a bust; he's probably more a 50 FV equivalent now.

Bachman is rated as 45 FV right now, though I think he was 50 FV last year. Can't remember.

So yeah, I think Adell + Bachman might get Skubal, but they'd probably want a third 40 FV prospect or better. Someone like Vera or Placencia.