• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Royals (July 25th, 2022) Syndergaard on the mound

Chuck

What can you say? This game was a microcosm of so much of the season. 

Cringe Worthy for anyone who expects even just sound fundamental major league execution. Mental and physical mistakes compounding each other. 

Pitching, hitting, catching, running, throwing, positioning, managerial blunders spaced throughout the game. 

And they were beaten soundly by a team with a worse record than them. 

And Ohtani will put himself on the injured list if he keeps killing himself with foul balls. Hardly a game goes by when he's not in pain from those swings.

20 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Buddy of mine says the D'Backs WS was on TV at a bar somewhere and stated how strange it was to watch the game without the TV strike zone box, and it definitely gives the umpires more of the benefit of the doubt. 

I'm going to keep saying this because I truly believe at the core of the problem is the players mentalities: If the players are that concerned about the umpires making correct ball and strike calls, they can't just bitch about it when it goes against them then have the attitude "we'll take it!" when it does go their way. A pitcher at some point is going to have to tell the umpire "no, that's not a strike, I'm not taking that gift, get the batter in the box and I'll get him on a real strike 3." Because if they're expecting the umpires to be held accountable, they need to be held accountable by both dugouts whether or not the calls go their way. 

just give us robo umps

As Deadline nears, Thor says, 'I love being an Angel'

https://www.mlb.com/news/noah-syndergaard-delivers-strong-start-in-angels-loss

Clubs looking to add starting pitching are likely to take notice of what Syndergaard did against the Royals, but he isn't going to dwell on what may or may not happen on or before Aug. 2. From Syndergaard's standpoint, he is happy wearing an Angels uniform.

"I think it [a trade] would be a bittersweet moment, just because I love my time here," Syndergaard said. "But I'm not going to speak in speculation. Right now, I love where I am and I love being an Angel."