• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Drones

18 hours ago, cals said:

My wife and I went on a hike in a state park in the mountains outside Denver.  I didn’t think I could fly inside the park so I stopped just outside the park and flew the drone for 5 minutes.  After it landed and I was packing it up a guy pulls up and says “if you fly that over my property again ill shoot it down”.  

Now you might think I’d escalate the situation but I didn’t know if I broke the law so I apologized and said I didn’t know I flew over his land.  He saw my kids bike on the back of the truck and my “support first responders” magnet bumper sticker I attach while traveling through heavy red areas (I also have a “don’t tread on me” one that comes off when I enter blue areas).  

Anyways, for whatever reason after he made the threat and I apologized he immediately apologized to me and said he’s tired of people flying drones over his property and to not worry about it and to enjoy the rest of my trip.  It was a very odd situation.  Told my wife he probably saw I was much bigger than him and got worried and she rolled her eyes.

Drones are about as welcome as the blacks in a lot of areas. 

On 7/24/2022 at 8:01 AM, cals said:

Would have been funny to cite the code and the potential punishment and then ask him if he wants to rethink his position.

Why give him a reason to consider shooting the pilot instead?