• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Defining Moments

T.G.

I've been thinking about the Maddon firing and Minasian putting Nevin in the interim role.  I can sum up my thoughts in two defining moments.

The moment Maddon intentionally walked Seager with the bases loaded, may have helped him win the game - but in the process he lost the team.

Last night when Nevin went to the mound and let Suarez finish the inning - the Angels went on to lose the game, but in the process - Nevin may have won the team.

Minasian has talked a lot about clubhouse culture and moxie.  Last night - we saw that demonstrated through Nevin's actions.  I liked it.  I like it a lot.

I have no idea if the Angels can turn things around - but I feel better about their chances as of right now. 

Just now, True Grich said:

I've been thinking about the Maddon firing and Minasian putting Nevin in the interim role.  I can sum up my thoughts in two defining moments.

The moment Maddon intentionally walked Seager with the bases loaded, may have helped him win the game - but in the process he lost the team.

Last night when Nevin went to the mound and let Suarez finish the inning - the Angels went on to lose the game, but in the process - Nevin may have won the team.

Minasian has talked a lot about clubhouse culture and moxie.  Last night - we saw that demonstrated through Nevin's actions.  I liked it.  I like it a lot.

I have no idea if the Angels can turn things around - but I feel better about their chances as of right now. 

I hear you about the Walk Heard 'Round the World, but remember that they were 3-4 before that game, and went on a 21-9 run during and after. So if he "lost the team," they didn't show it. 

But yeah, I liked the moment with Suarez. That's partially what made the loss so disappointing - it felt like it should have been the turnaround moment, but it wasn't. But who knows, maybe it is the spark the team needed. I'm more worried that the disappointment of the loss--and Trout's injury--will simply extend the streak. Still a very tough next 7 games.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I hear you about the Walk Heard 'Round the World, but remember that they were 3-4 before that game, and went on a 21-9 run during and after. So if he "lost the team," they didn't show it. 

But yeah, I liked the moment with Suarez. That's partially what made the loss so disappointing - it felt like it should have been the turnaround moment, but it wasn't. But who knows, maybe it is the spark the team needed. I'm more worried that the disappointment of the loss--and Trout's injury--will simply extend the streak. Still a very tough next 7 games.

I hear you. It's hard to argue with that 21-9 run, but when the going gets tough - good teams pull together.  We haven't seen that during the losing streak until last night.  The team looked like they pulled together, even though they didn't get the results they wanted.  That's the impression I got. 

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I hear you. It's hard to argue with that 21-9 run, but when the going gets tough - good teams pull together.  We haven't seen that during the losing streak until last night.  The team looked like they pulled together, even though they didn't get the results they wanted.  That's the impression I got. 

Yep. That's why I think there's some cause to be hopeful: if you ignore the previous 12 games, last night was a hard-fought game that they happened to lose by a hair. I suppose this is where "turning the page" really matters.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think the walking Seager thing made any difference about anything.  It didn’t lose the game, it obviously didn’t win the game.  I’m pretty skeptical of the idea that it mattered at all beyond that game.  Which in the end it literally did not matter. 

I hear you and I want you to know that you matter, bro.