• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for TWO seasons

mmc

12 minutes ago, cals said:

To you is there ever such thing as a completely blameless man?  It is your wife watching?

Nobody is blameless.

In this case, it seems like Amber Heard was the bigger ahole. Which is why she has to pay $10M and Johnny only has to pay $2M.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Nobody is blameless.

In this case, it seems like Amber Heard was the bigger ahole. Which is why she has to pay $10M and Johnny only has to pay $2M.

Actually, I think it's Depp's lawyers that have to pay the $2 million.  

https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/01/verdict-reached-johnny-depp-amber-heard-defamation-case/

Now here's the thing ... Amber won her defamation countersuit and was awarded $2 million. The defamation was based on Johnny's lawyer accusing Amber and her friends of concocting a story for the cops under the direction of her lawyer and publicist.

Depp got dinged because something the lawyer said, yes.  

It’s odd but that’s coming out of what Depp is to get.   If he wants to go after the lawyer for it, he’s probably entitled.  But it’s not like the lawyer was a party to the lawsuit so it’s not like the jury could award something against him (I am assuming Heard’s lawyers didn’t name him as a party when they countersued, which I suppose is possible).   I think the feeling was Depp defamed her through the lawyer.  Doesn’t matter, fucking drinks on Johnny at the London pubs tonight mate!

(Though both parties are likely to appeal.)

The important thing is that with Bauer and Aziz Ansari and now Johnny, the “believe all women” bullshit is over.  And thank God.  

Empowering a gender with at least a 30% psycho rate to hurl unquestioned accusations against men without fear of any repercussions was terrifying.

Sanity and due process are coming back.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Don’t get ahead of yourself

Perhaps.  I feel like @Redondo or @Kotchman watching the NBC Nightly News and it being portrayed not as Justice, but as a “major set back for all domestic abuse survivors”.  

Fuck sake, a JURY found her to be full of shit and that he had NEVER abused her in any manner.  

Domestic abuse is common (and done by both genders).  And for obvious reasons those situations are more dangerous for women. And those victims need help.  To me Amber Heard and her “crying wolf” story to get attention and sympathy (ala Juicy Smollet) hurts real victims immensely.  The media is saying “oh now women will be afraid to report abuse”.  Well blame the woman that faked it for attention and got caught lying.  Don’t blame the innocent man victim for marrying a psycho.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

Perhaps.  I feel like @Redondo or @Kotchman watching the NBC Nightly News and it being portrayed not as Justice, but as a “major set back for all domestic abuse survivors”.  

Fuck sake, a JURY found her to be full of shit and that he had NEVER abused her in any manner.  

Domestic abuse is common (and done by both genders).  And for obvious reasons those situations are more dangerous for women. And those victims need help.  To me Amber Heard and her “crying wolf” story to get attention and sympathy (ala Juicy Smollet) hurts real victims immensely.  The media is saying “oh now women will be afraid to report abuse”.  Well blame the woman that faked it for attention and got caught lying.  Don’t blame the innocent man victim for marrying a psycho.

Very true. These woman are an embarrassment to every woman that has been injured by poor men. These women get their asses kicked daily by broke men with nothing to show for it. A lot of times the abusers are repeat offenders that get off lightly. It’s a damn shame the press defend money hungry hookers and completely ignores real domestic violence. Most of the George Floyd’s were domestic abusers. In the medias mind Floyd is a hero and Bauer is a criminal. It’s insane. 

7 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Very true. These woman are an embarrassment to every woman that has been injured by poor men. These women get their asses kicked daily by broke men with nothing to show for it. A lot of times the abusers are repeat offenders that get off lightly. It’s a damn shame the press defend money hungry hookers and completely ignores real domestic violence. Most of the George Floyd’s were domestic abusers. In the medias mind Floyd is a hero and Bauer is a criminal. It’s insane. 

6A1B816B-8CE6-4A3D-8C34-B7D3803F0C65.gif

12 hours ago, cals said:

The important thing is that with Bauer and Aziz Ansari and now Johnny, the “believe all women” bullshit is over.  And thank God.  

Empowering a gender with at least a 30% psycho rate to hurl unquestioned accusations against men without fear of any repercussions was terrifying.

Sanity and due process are coming back.

I keep hearing the "believe all women" thing, but the slogan is/was "believe women." Even @Angelsjunky has said it.

I'm now realizing "believe all women" is a strawman.

10 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Speaking of him...