• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I didn't realize it was this bad

gurn67

I knew it was bad, but this is ridiculous.

Angels' record vs. the Astros since 2016? 37-72

2016 6-13

2017 7-12

2018 6-13

2019 5-14

2020 6-4

2021 6-13

2022 1-3

In the immortal words of Ric Flair "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

They need to get it done on the field. Period. No excuses.

The Astros have been one of the best teams in baseball since then - certainly the best in the AL.

Actually, if we go back to 2015 when the Astros became good, they have the second best record in the majors after the Dodgers. The Angels are 18th. If we go back to 2017 when the Astros got really good, they're still second best behind the Dodgers, but the Angels drop to 20th.

So it isn't surprising. The Astros have averaged 99-63 over 162 games from 2017-22. The Angels have averaged 77-85. If we expand to 2015-22, the Astros have averaged 95-67, the Angels 78-84.

Or in plain English, the Astros have been a great team for the last 8 years, while the Angels have been below average. Great teams tend to beat below average teams the majority of the time. 

24 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I knew it was bad, but this is ridiculous.

Angels' record vs. the Astros since 2016? 37-72

2016 6-13

2017 7-12

2018 6-13

2019 5-14

2020 6-4

2021 6-13

2022 1-3

In the immortal words of Ric Flair "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

They need to get it done on the field. Period. No excuses.

So what your saying is were the Astros bitch 

18 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

The Astros have been one of the best teams in baseball since then - certainly the best in the AL.

Actually, if we go back to 2015 when the Astros became good, they have the second best record in the majors after the Dodgers. The Angels are 18th. If we go back to 2017 when the Astros got really good, they're still second best behind the Dodgers, but the Angels drop to 20th.

So it isn't surprising. The Astros have averaged 99-63 over 162 games from 2017-22. The Angels have averaged 77-85. If we expand to 2015-22, the Astros have averaged 95-67, the Angels 78-84.

Or in plain English, the Astros have been a great team for the last 8 years, while the Angels have been below average. Great teams tend to beat below average teams the majority of the time. 

Good point, except that the Halos have been horrible record wise against the Cheatin Asstros, despite averaging 77 wins from 2016 forward.

At some point, it has to be said that they’ve let them get into their heads, and that has to stop.

Edited by Angel Oracle

28 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Good point, except that the Halos have been horrible record wise against the Cheatin Asstros, despite averaging 77 wins from 2016 forward.

At some point, it has to be said that they’ve let them get into their heads, and that has to stop.

I'm saying that their record against the Astros makes sense, considering how much better the Astros have been. 95-win teams usually beat 77-win teams more often than not. I don't know what the exact percentage is, but it probably isn't far from what their actual matchup is.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t hate the Astros nearly as much as I hate the lack of winning by the Angels.

I can’t really bother wasting time hating the Astros when the Angels haven’t really even been close.

Good point

34 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t hate the Astros nearly as much as I hate the lack of winning by the Angels.

I can’t really bother wasting time hating the Astros when the Angels haven’t really even been close.

I hate both.

The Cheatin Asstros have gotten away with far too much.

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I hate both.

The Cheatin Asstros have gotten away with far too much.

I guess.  But if you wiped the Astros off the face of the earth 8 years ago, the Angels still sucked and pathetically had zero postseason success.

I really don’t care about what the Astros have “gotten away with” when the Angel house has not in been in order.  At all.

And their broadcasters are smug as hell when referencing the Angels. Expecting them to choke or self implode. Which they predictably do regularly. It's getting sick watching the Astros acting so confidently against whatever lineup the Angels use.  

I also am losing patience with Madden. His team is terrible on the base paths and in the field, making bush league plays and out of sync collectively. Madden has gotten too cute and seemingly undisciplined strategically. 

21 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Was it 2013 when we were calling them Lastros and ecstatic that they were moving to AL West?

the astros have had a remarkable run of success, and they've pounded the halos consistently in that time.

i'm at the point where i don't expect the angels to beat them. any different outcome than that is a pleasant surprise.

the good news is that once this series is over, we only play them 12 more times this year.

The org that's significantly better run from top to bottom vs the Angels is absolutely destroying them yearly. The record is about what you'd expect all things considered. I'd say the bigger concern is that the Angels just don't ever seem to be closing the gap on them, despite the Astros losing some significant talent over the years in FA