• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marsh and Adell

Torridd

Marsh should play everyday. 
Adell should get a huge majority of the starts until early June to see if he can be consistent or better than last year. Last year he struck out right at league average (slightly better than league average).
Ward should get some spot starts in the outfield and first base.  
Rojas should go back to the minors.

Normally, I'd be non-committal, but the energy and excitement they bring to the team is infectious and that only works off they're in the lineup. So yes. 

Is Ward better than Adell at this point. Undoubtedly yes. But you can't take, or even buy this level of passion these two best friends have brought to the team. 

And that seems to be a general theme in the clubhouse this season. Marsh and Adell, Tepera and Loup, Syndergaard and Lorenzen. Close knit group of guys. 

23 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Normally, I'd be non-committal, but the energy and excitement they bring to the team is infectious and that only works off they're in the lineup. So yes. 

Is Ward better than Adell at this point. Undoubtedly yes. But you can't take, or even buy this level of passion these two best friends have brought to the team. 

And that seems to be a general theme in the clubhouse this season. Marsh and Adell, Tepera and Loup, Syndergaard and Lorenzen. Close knit group of guys. 

Ward being "better" than Adell isn't all that exciting since Ward is average at best.

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I think Marsh is ready and should play everyday.

Once Ward gets back Adell needs to go to AAA and learn how to play outfield. I can't understand how lost he looks. Trumbo looked more comfortable at 3B. 

Understandable. What do you think of Adell's hitting, that is, do you think defense is his chief problem? If not, do you think his defense is that much of a liability to go back to AAA?

51 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Is Ward really better than Adell?

38 minutes ago, Robrock30 said:

I think they are both special and bring intangibles and positive youthful energy to the Team.  They will grow together and results will improve with time.  

So does that mean you advocate them staying with the big club and playing regularly?

Until Ward comes back, they should both be playing every day. Playing Rojas over one of them is just dumb.

On one hand, I think Maddon just needs to play the best players - who are probably Marsh, Trout, and Ward. But I think Adell needs more of a shot, but if he isn't given one, then just send him to AAA and call up Monte Harrison.

But, I still think an outfield platoon could work, if Marsh gets a higher portion than Adell and Ward (and being Trout's back up in CF) and the other two are more evenly split, getting 110ish starts each. While I think Adell needs playing time, I don't think it is necessarily worse for his development to get 110 starts in the majors vs 130 starts in AAA.

If they did go the platoon route, that could look something like this by season's end:

Trout: 120 starts in CF, 10 starts in LF, 5 starts at DH, 10 off bench = 145 games played (135 starts)

Marsh: 90 starts in LF/RF, 40 starts in CF, 10 off bench = 140 games (130 starts)

Adell: 110 starts in LF/RF, 5 starts at DH, 5 off bench = 120 games (115 starts)

Ward: 110 starts in LF/RF, 10 starts at 1B, 10 off bench = 130 games (120 starts)

Or something like that. It probably won't turn out that way, but I think it could work out well for all involved. 

Edited by Angelsjunky

2 hours ago, Robrock30 said:

I think they are both special and bring intangibles and positive youthful energy to the Team.  They will grow together and results will improve with time.  

I agree with this but think Adell needs to be on the shorter leash

9 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

They need to play everyday, but find a spot for Adell and keep him there. Put him in Left  or Right and let him learn that one position. Moving him around isn’t going to help him.

I still think the size of MLB stadiums is f’ing him up.

I wonder about that. I was going to mention this also, but I wasn't sure if he should learn both left and right in case he needs to play both. Is one so different from the other? Please chime in those in the know.

Ward is a fourth outfielder. A good one but you put the player that can change a game with his play at bat or in the field and live with the growing pains. Otherwise you are embracing an average player that doesn't push the team forward and requires more brilliance from other players to create separation from your opponents. 

At this point I would try to get all three of award, Marsh, and Adell 120 starts. 

There are 156 games remaining, so that’s 312. 120 for ward is 192 left. 115

for Marsh leaves 87 for Adell who needs 116. Move Add 10-15 starts at 1B for Ward and 10-15 CF for Marsh and you’re pretty much there. 

On 4/14/2022 at 4:34 PM, Hubs said:

At this point I would try to get all three of award, Marsh, and Adell 120 starts. 

There are 156 games remaining, so that’s 312. 120 for ward is 192 left. 115

for Marsh leaves 87 for Adell who needs 116. Move Add 10-15 starts at 1B for Ward and 10-15 CF for Marsh and you’re pretty much there. 

Well said.