• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: Angel Stadium land sale one step closer to being finalized after judge’s ruling

On 3/21/2022 at 1:17 PM, Dollar Bill said:

That is good news. I confess, that for the longest time, I hoped that The Halos would leave Orange County for good because it isn't L.A. But being that part of the Platinum Triangle is now the city's skid row, The Angels departure could have been devastating for the Platinum Triangle because the stadium would have never been used again. The deal involves the stadium being operational until 2050, if the deal is finalized.

• 1 month later...

https://voiceofoc.org/2022/04/santana-angels-get-a-stadium-on-the-cheap-anaheim-taxpayers-get-nearly-100-in-state-fines/

It looks like Anaheim taxpayers will foot a nearly $100 million fine imposed by the state because Anaheim city officials negotiated with team owners in a way that violated state laws meant to ensure public properties go out to bid with a priority for affordable housing.

According to reliable sources, state Housing and Community Development Department officials later this morning are ready to make an announcement today about the settlement, one that could very quickly be rushed through the Anaheim City Council by Tuesday. 

Apparently there’s a news conference scheduled later this morning to announce the settlement...........

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Blarg knows everything so please don't contradict him.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:25 AM, Blarg said:

This is paranoia on your part fed by media that is hoping for an international plague so they can write about it.

35 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The adjacent lots are 5-10 dollars.  Parking really isn’t among the things worth weeping about vis a vis Arte.  Mostly the worthy weeping is about the decade of sucking shit. An era that is hopefully at an end. 

Parking at the stadium is surprisingly cheap at $10. I think that's because the city of Anaheim owns the parking lot. Once Arte owns the parking around the stadium, I'm sure it will go way up.

27 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Parking at the stadium is surprisingly cheap at $10. I think that's because the city of Anaheim owns the parking lot. Once Arte owns the parking around the stadium, I'm sure it will go way up.

Hopefully not.  I don’t think we’ll see a 30 dollar situation like at the Ravine.