• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California Amusement Parks

mmc

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

My aunt and uncle were heavily into the Disney experience. I believe my aunt was a Mouskateer when she was a child and that part of her never left. Twice a year they would come spend a week at Disneyland and spend close to $7,000 each time. They live in Central California so they drove and didn’t have expensive plane tickets. They were old so they didn’t even go on rides so I thought it was a weird way to spend their money. Oh well, to each their own. My aunt died a year ago so my uncle is saving money now. 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

My aunt and uncle were heavily into the Disney experience. I believe my aunt was a Mouskateer when she was a child and that part of her never left. Twice a year they would come spend a week at Disneyland and spend close to $7,000 each time. They live in Central California so they drove and didn’t have expensive plane tickets. They were old so they didn’t even go on rides so I thought it was a weird way to spend their money. Oh well, to each their own. My aunt died a year ago so my uncle is saving money now. 

It is rather interesting. Ironically, the psychiatric name for this behavior (in some cases, not all) is actually called Peter Pan Syndrome. There is generally a direct or multitude of psychological behavioral components that could be possible.....unresolved childhood trauma, lack of seeing happy adults, fearing of growing old, etc. Reminds me of these adults that dress up for Comic Con or go all out dressing up for sporting events (like the Raiders fans that have a section called The Black Hole). I actually met one of these guys at a Chiefs game and also here in OC at a place that was the OC get together for Patriots football games, it was sad. You can tell the dude and the chick carried their whole identity as this persona. Similar to Tad that was here on the board.

What sparked an interest from a psychological perspective was I dated this lady a little over 10 years ago for quite some time. She had a masters in psychology and was working towards her doctorate in the field. Her grandfather and uncle lived in Florida. The uncle was an adult male in his mid to late 40's at the time, but lived at home with his father (her grandfather) and worked full time at Disney World there in FL. But the guy had some sort of psychological issues or disorder as he loved Disney and she said he even had Disney bedding and posters on his wall in his room. The crazy thing was they came out to visit and spend a week out here. The dude seemed normal when I met him, no real signs of any social disorder such as Aspergers. He was able to have normal conversations, but was fixated on the trip here and being able to go to Disneyland.....mind you, he works full time at Disney World. I remember we all went to Disneyland and the dude was leading the charge on where to go and how we all should spend our time there as a group.....even had his own mental map of all the rides he wanted to go on and places he wanted to visit. We had to cut the day short because it was ridiculously hot that day and he was a bit upset that we didn't get to do everything on his list....full functional adult.

Some of the examples or people that wrote in or told their story in the video resemble more of your family, but with an odd twist. One of the guys went many times a year and spend a large amount of money, dressing up as Disney characters, etc. but seemed pretty normal and gave a decent synopsis of his behavior as nostalgia, etc. but then you look into it and the dude was a little off mentally.