• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who do you think wins the internal SS battle?

Hubs

Internal SS  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think gets the job? And Why is he the best fit?

• Rengifo
    • Wade
    • Velazquez
    • Mayfield
    • Stefanic at 2nd, Fletcher to SS
    • Davis

AP21170330765033.jpeg

All of these guys are on the 40, except Stefanic. But he was a AAA all-star thanks to his bat. Which is your preferred SS if they stay in house?

I'd say Offensively Stefanic and Davis are the best hitters, after last year's minors showing. Rengifo could put it all together. Velazquez is probably the best defensively, and Wade is a multiple position lefty.

Most likely it's gonna be a combo of these guys, but...

Stop it. You guys are winding up like you do with all free agents then get all butt hurt when they go somewhere else. The Angels are not going out of house for a SS. This is where the budget is set, homegrown outfield and infield outside of Rendon. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Stop it. You guys are winding up like you do with all free agents then get all butt hurt when they go somewhere else. The Angels are not going out of house for a SS. This is where the budget is set, homegrown outfield and infield outside of Rendon. 

Maybe.  We will see.  But Story is a good fit for an immediate need, especially compared to rolling the dice with the “internal” candidates.

I am not going to be “butt hurt” if they don’t get him.  I am just observing that he would be an obvious fit for an immediate need.

I never base roster decisions on immediate needs because the future requires attention. Positioning the roster to extend Ohtani while also feeding it with cost controlled fielders is the only way the pitching staff receives the budget it requires to be competitive. 

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I never base roster decisions on immediate needs because the future requires attention. Positioning the roster to extend Ohtani while also feeding it with cost controlled fielders is the only way the pitching staff receives the budget it requires to be competitive. 

No issue with your stance.  But at some point this team needs to actually win.  Ohtani isn’t going to want to be here if the culture is to keep losing.

So while I don’t disagree with the angle you express, I personally would not be surprised at all if they make a move that is decidedly about winning now (next 1-2 yrs).

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You make the roster decisions now?

25 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Probably not. And just like last year 77 wins is a fair projection for this season's win total as well.

actually, I think we'll win about 85 games.  which is why it' been horrendously frustrating to watch a shit ton of opportunities to improve pass us by while we instead opt for 'internal' options at SS, no MIF depth, no corner IF depth, a 1yr pitcher as our big signing who hasn't pitched in 2 years, another 1yr signing for a 'starter' who's never started and a 2nd catcher who is just a horrible baseball player.  

At this point I just want to watch Trout, Ohtani, Adell, Marsh, Sandoval, Canning, Suarez, Detmers and a bunch of the potential young pen arms.  I just hope they avoid any last minute stupid trades that weaken the mlb team in other spots.  I do like most of the pen though.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

actually, I think we'll win about 85 games.  which is why it' been horrendously frustrating to watch a shit ton of opportunities to improve pass us by while we instead opt for 'internal' options at SS, no MIF depth, no corner IF depth, a 1yr pitcher as our big signing who hasn't pitched in 2 years, another 1yr signing for a 'starter' who's never started and a 2nd catcher who is just a horrible baseball player.  

At this point I just want to watch Trout, Ohtani, Adell, Marsh, Sandoval, Canning, Suarez, Detmers and a bunch of the potential young pen arms.  I just hope they avoid any last minute stupid trades that weaken the mlb team in other spots.  I do like most of the pen though.  

Are you sure you think they'll win 85 games?

• Chuck changed the title to Who do you think wins the internal SS battle?
2 hours ago, Lou said:

More 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

83-87.  They're probably a pretty good team.  Just not as good as they could have been.  

Part of me thinks this will be the year things just inexplicably all go their way. It would have to happen right when I completely give up on the organization.