• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

just watched it.  mixed bag.   not terrible for not pitching in awhile and probably being a bit nervous.  

One of the balls hit was actually hit decently hard.  A seeing eye grounder.  A broken bat blooper.  Then a soft liner just out of the reach of SS.  I think he broke 3 bats in total.  Fastball command wasn't very good.  Had no feel for the slider.  Pretty much every one he threw looked like that one he got the K on.  Backed up and he couldn't get on top of it.  

Fun to watch.  

6 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

just watched it.  mixed bag.   not terrible for not pitching in awhile and probably being a bit nervous.  

One of the balls hit was actually hit decently hard.  A seeing eye grounder.  A broken bat blooper.  Then a soft liner just out of the reach of SS.  I think he broke 3 bats in total.  Fastball command wasn't very good.  Had no feel for the slider.  Pretty much every one he threw looked like that one he got the K on.  Backed up and he couldn't get on top of it.  

Fun to watch.  

You been paying attention to Adams at all?  Soft stuff inside has been kryptonite to him.  If they pitch backwards he beats himself.  

51 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Bad coaching or bad drafting?

Doesn't have to be either. Some guys just can't adjust once the league or level they're at figures them out.

Coaching can help with that but the guy with the bat in his hands has to make the adjustments himself.

He's still only 22. He'll get time to figure it out. But Neto might end up passing him on the depth charts.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Doesn't have to be either. Some guys just can't adjust once the league or level they're at figures them out.

Coaching can help with that but the guy with the bat in his hands has to make the adjustments himself.

He's still only 22. He'll get time to figure it out. But Neto might end up passing him on the depth charts.

Plus he skipped A+ ball.

37 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I agree in theory but how many examples of this have we seen in the last 10 years.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Guys with high expectations flaming out. 

Probably fewer than other teams because we haven't exactly had a ton of guys with "high" expectations. 

But I get what you're saying. I just wouldn't consider Jackson as a prospect of that caliber. I think many hoped he could come up and be the every day SS, and there's still a chance that happens.

I think we all knew it would be a work in progress with Jackson. It was only a matter of time until his poor contact and high strikeout ratios caught up with him. 

he’s young and can adjust and get better. It all starts with making contact, 32% strikeout rate in his professional career. Yikes 

7 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Jackson's turning out to be yet another disappointing prospect who isn't making the adjustments he needs to.

jump to conclusions matt.  Walk rate over 10%.  BABIP of .233.  K rate lower than it's been in his entire career.  

I'll wait this one out.  

compare that to Adams.  

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Jackson's turning out to be yet another disappointing prospect who isn't making the adjustments he needs to.

A large majority of Eppler’s high risk, high upside HS prospects have flopped to this point.

Williams, Duensing, Adams, Jackson, Holmes, Paris, Kochanowicz, Rivera, Calabrese, Knowles, Deveaux, Ramirez, and Vera are all not looking good.

Only ones that have really “worked out” (or at least made it to the majors) are Adell, Marsh, and Rodriguez— and they’ve all had their issues.

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

jump to conclusions matt.  Walk rate over 10%.  BABIP of .233.  K rate lower than it's been in his entire career.  

I'll wait this one out.  

compare that to Adams.  

I'm definitely not putting him in the same category as Adams. Just a bit disappointed in his performance this year. Yet another Angels prospect who hasn't show improvement this year.

18 minutes ago, Trendon said:

A large majority of Eppler’s high risk, high upside HS prospects have flopped to this point.

Williams, Duensing, Adams, Jackson, Holmes, Paris, Kochanowicz, Rivera, Calabrese, Knowles, Deveaux, Ramirez, and Vera are all not looking good.

Only ones that have really “worked out” (or at least made it to the majors) are Adell, Marsh, and Rodriguez— and they’ve all had their issues.

At least a few guys have show promise: Quero, Blakely, and maybe Placencia. I think those were all Eppler guys.