• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rank your order of preference for these free agent starting pitchers for the Angels

BTH

8 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Eduardo Rodriguez is a very underrated pitcher. He has been consistent in his career, relatively healthy, and offers some upside. I’d put him very high on my list of guys to target. 

Personally, I feel like we're better off trying to nab 4-5 guys (between SP, RP, maybe even SS/RF/C) who check in at the $8m-$20m AAV mark (keeping mind backloading for '22) rather than one or two of the $25m+ dudes.

I think Eduardo would do well outside of AL East too. The only caveat is I could easily see him kind of being like Zack Wheeler a couple years back, where someone realizes everything you said and offers a really sizable deal. Something at or well north of 5/$85m. At that point I'd get hesitant.

I'd love something around 3/$45m-4/$64m.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Personally, I feel like we're better off trying to nab 4-5 guys (between SP, RP, maybe even SS/RF/C) who check in at the $8m-$20m AAV mark (keeping mind backloading for '22) rather than one or two of the $25m+ dudes.

I think Eduardo would do well outside of AL East too. The only caveat is I could easily see him kind of being like Zack Wheeler a couple years back, where someone realizes everything you said and offers a really sizable deal. Something at or well north of 5/$85m. At that point I'd get hesitant.

I'd love something around 3/$45m-4/$64m.

I agree on emphasizing quantity over high end quality. 5 good pitchers would be better than 2 great pitchers, IMO. And I think Rodriguez gets something closer to 4/64 than Wheeler money. But I wouldn’t be shocked if some team went 5 years and 80+ for him. His FIP last year was top of the rotation - seems he was really a victim of bad luck. 

4 hours ago, wopphil said:

I agree on emphasizing quantity over high end quality. 5 good pitchers would be better than 2 great pitchers, IMO. And I think Rodriguez gets something closer to 4/64 than Wheeler money. But I wouldn’t be shocked if some team went 5 years and 80+ for him. His FIP last year was top of the rotation - seems he was really a victim of bad luck. 

That's about where I'm at too. Rodriguez seems the type that a couple teams will really start bidding up on him.

I think Stroman is going to comp closer to Wheeler's deal, and will get something around 5/$115m+, though I personally feel something closer to 4/$84m or 5/$90m is more reflective. I'd offer in that neighborhood and hope he really wants to play in Anaheim. Which he might.