• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rank your order of preference for these free agent starting pitchers for the Angels

BTH

Rank your order of preference for these free agent starting pitchers for the Angels (listed in alphabetical order):

Kevin Gausman

Clayton Kershaw

Robbie Ray

Carlos Rodón

Eduardo Rodriguez

Max Scherzer

Marcus Stroman

Noah Syndergaard

Justin Verlander

6 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I don't know man,  he looks like he's loving the Dodgers

Yeah, I'd love to have him on the Angels, too, but I still think the chances of him coming here are very slim.  He seems to love playing with the Dodgers, they like him, and he's in the playoffs.  My guess is that, yes, money matters--but this is going to be his last contract and I imagine he'll want to finish his career with a team that's a perennial contender.

34 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Angels aren't getting Scherzer.

It's possible if the Angels begin working behind the scenes to get Bauer reinstated and back on the Dodgers.

I can't wrap my head around a team that can pay for both Bauer and Scherzer and is happy with only Scherzer pitching.

19 hours ago, Trendon said:

Rank your order of preference for these free agent starting pitchers for the Angels (listed in alphabetical order):

• Kevin Gausman
  • Clayton Kershaw
  • Robbie Ray
  • Carlos Rodón
  • Eduardo Rodriguez
  • Max Scherzer
  • Marcus Stroman
  • Noah Syndergaard
  • Justin Verlander

Purely based on who would I like to see, separating likeliness of signing or how I think they’ll sign?

1. Stroman
  2. Scherzer
  3. Rodriguez
  4. Syndergaard
  5. a whole lot of other names lot listed
  6. Gausman
  7. Ray
  8. Rodon
  9. Verlander
  10. Kershaw

Stroman feels like the right blend of age, ability, availability to land the most appropriately tolerable contract. Scherzer is just a badass and will be tough to get and expensive but gives the Angels a huge advantage should they make playoffs. Rodriguez shouldn’t get bit money, could have another step forward developmentally, and would be useful even with his floor. Syndergaard’s durability is frightening but it also means it would be more of a rebound contract, and there’s a Perry connection.

Too many names to list - Wood, Gray, Pineda, DeSclafani, etc. etc. before the next group…

Gausman, Ray, and Rodon will just simply make way too much for me to feel comfortable prioritizing. All of them would be great to add because we need pitching so bad, but they all could be looking at Patrick Corbin money or better and look how that’s going. I actually like the idea of Verlander on a one year, but think there’s also a big chance time’s up for him, and that Houston and Detroit will be after him. Kershaw will command too much money, has durability concerns, has benefitted from NL West parks, still has some playoff questions…just too much money to pour into someone with too many slights that could go wrong. Between he and Verlander I would prefer Greinke.

Edited by totdprods

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Rodon had a shoulder issue late in the season, any worry there?  I know shoulders are bad.  

He’s never made it through a complete season. Even in COVID-shortened 2020. And he’s really only been good last year, maybe one other year. I’d have a hard time going over like, 3/$30m-$45m for him and I bet he gets way, way more than that.

Edited by totdprods