• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What was the worst season for you as an Angels fan?

Torridd

On 9/4/2021 at 1:51 PM, True Grich said:

The idea of Arte signing players based on their ethnicity to boost attendance is funny.

You want more fans in the seats? Start winning. 

The stadium was packed after the 2002 season a d during the year right after when were winning.

This other "marketing" thing about ethnicity is a fan made myth.

Agreed, but I do think that Arte Moreno is more into marketing than winning.

Hence, the big sluggers being brought in, while the last starting pitcher of any note brought in was Nibs TEN years ago.

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Agreed, but I do think that Arte Moreno is more into marketing than winning.

Hence, the big sluggers being brought in, while the last starting pitcher of any note brought in was Nibs TEN years ago.

Every time I see this, I think… “that’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard.”  Winning is the best marketing. That brings fans to the stadium more than anything else, period. This BS that Arte doesn’t care about winning, as long as attendance is good is a complete and moronic fan made myth.

For the bazillionth time… He just hasn’t spent wisely.

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

Every time I see this, I think… “that’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard.”  Winning is the best marketing. That brings fans to the stadium more than anything else, period. This BS that Arte doesn’t care about winning, as long as attendance is good is a complete and moronic fan made myth.

For the bazillionth time… He just hasn’t spent wisely.

The thing though is, you can’t win with just offense.

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The thing though is, you can’t win with just offense.

NO KIDDING!

If you know that and every AW member knows that, don't you think the Angels know that too?  Or are all of us so much more brilliant than everyone working for the Angels? 

They just haven't been successful is landing and/or developing pitching for a variety of reasons. 

But to sit here and say... "Arte cares more about marketing than winning" is just... well... to be perfectly honest... it's dumb.

9 minutes ago, True Grich said:

NO KIDDING!

If you know that and every AW member knows that, don't you think the Angels know that too?  Or are all of us so much more brilliant than everyone working for the Angels? 

They just haven't been successful is landing and/or developing pitching for a variety of reasons. 

But to sit here and say... "Arte cares more about marketing than winning" is just... well... to be perfectly honest... it's dumb.

Fair enough

On 9/9/2021 at 9:48 AM, True Grich said:

NO KIDDING!

Yep, I read someone on FB say Arte only cares about marketing and that’s why he signed guys like Rendon and Upton.  Newsflash, those guys don’t put a single butt in the seats.  If they win with those guys, which is why they were signed, to help the team win, then they will bring fans to the stadium.