• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

North Carolina

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Jacksonville but closer to the ocean

Yes I spent a few months there. Jacksonville is kind of a dumpy military town with lots of Marines. Housing isn’t terribly expensive for coastal living There are some nicer areas outside of there. There are lots of good seafood places and I 95 will gets you access to the whole East coast. You are stuck with small airports unless you drive a couple hours to Raleigh. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Have done loans there for many years. Love the people and Charlotte area. I think it’s one of the fastest growing areas. A lot of military because of the bases. Property taxes are great compared to the rest of the country. Nice people and nice areas.

Yes I lived about an hour nw of Charlotte. The western foothills is the place to be. I wouldn’t live in Charlotte but there are some nice suburbs. 

My wife's friend moved to New Bern near the coast. It took them a year to have all of the work done on their house after hurricane Florence. It is hot as hell and horribly humid in that area during peak summer months.

We are looking more inland at the Apex area for a retirement home. Or north to Roanoke Virginia. 

3 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Definitely not a place to live if you long like humidity. I’ve never met a SoCal person who could tolerate the humidity down south 

I know someone who says he doesn't mind it at all. In fact, he says he prefers it to dry heat. 

What do you think of that?