• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Astros @ Angels (8/13/21): Sandoval on the mound, Ohtani leading off again, Stassi is back

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

.223/.260/.474 since May 18, with 79 K in 238 AB.  He's salvaged that slash line with 15 HR, but basically hasn't done anything since mid-May aside from popping a few out.

I know, I still like him.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Darin Erstad and the '02 gang say hello.

I have a checkered past with Erstad.  Yes, I loved him like everybody else for his grit and his couple of excellent seasons.  But I also couldn’t stand him for huge stretches where he sucked yet everybody pretended he didn’t suck because his gritty style was so admirable.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

It seems riskier to bring it to 130 then sear. At least if you sear first you can cook on indirect until you get the temperature you want. After searing I'll just give it like 10 minutes on indirect, turn it, insert the probe and then watch until it hits the number I want. Let it rest for 5 minutes.

There's a lot of different techniques but you have to be careful when you pay a lot of money for the meat.

I've tried the reverse sear, putting the meat on the smoker first and bringing it up to something and then finish it off with a sear. I think I only bring it to like 120. So on the smoker you have to dump a bunch of wood in there to get lots of smoke in a short period of time.

Thanks for the tip.  I usually have success with reverse sear but there are times I am inconsistent getting it med rare.

To me it is an eye roller for the whole infield to meet on the mound for a mound visit like that.

Seriously I am not buying that there is anything going on there other than the pitching coach telling the pitcher to throw a fucking strike even though it is 2-0 because it’s mayfield at the plate. 

Just challenge him and accept the results. 

What are all the infielders in the pow wow?

Edited by Dtwncbad

19 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Thanks for the tip.  I usually have success with reverse sear but there are times I am inconsistent getting it med rare.

Tempering your steak is probably the most important thing you can do when cooking steak. Season it 1 hour per inch of steak then pop it in the fridge. That will allow the steak to absorb the seasoning not just sear it on the outside. Pull it out 40ish minutes before cooking. If it’s not same temp throughout you will likely burn the outside trying to reach internal temp you want. 

if you’re going super high end steak, cast iron with avocado oil (500 degree plus smoke point) on smoking high heat. 4-5 min first side don’t touch it. The steak will not stick at all when ready to flip. Drop heat to medium high and flip. 3-4 min. Kill heat. Throw in butter (butter has a 250 degree smoke point that’s why you keep heat off/low) smashed garlic clove and thyme. When butter is bubbling turn heat up to low and baste the steak until you hit 5 degrees of the temp you want. Rest for 20 min so the juice reabsorbs. 

Enjoy