• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Astros (4-24-2021) Let's Start A Winning Streak!!

Chuck

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

and Blarg suddenly disappears.

Again. 

I didn't bother with college after my sophomore year since it wasn't going to help with my major focus and would just be burning money. So I don't have some perverted obsession with school bragging rights. But you do so you and Canning can go to booster parties together. 

That and I was in the beer line. 

Just now, Blarg said:

I didn't bother with college after my sophomore year since it wasn't going to help with my major focus and would just be burning money. So I don't have some perverted obsession with school bragging rights. But you do so you and Canning can go to booster parties together. 

That and I was in the beer line. 

Where did you spend that year and a half?

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Explain this then...   https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=sta&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2021&month=0&season1=2021&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2021-01-01&enddate=2021-12-31

It's not about you or those who disagreeing with you being the village idiot, it's just more than just simple ERA.  

People don't want to believe in things like luck, but when you have a guy like Cobb allow one ball hit over 80MPH the other night and give up a BaBip of nearly .700 ... how else does one explain that.  The other thing really sticking out right now is the LOB%.. 61.9%   Angels RPs have done the absolute worst job of allowing inherited runners to score this year.  Most people will tell you that strand rate is pretty much noise and I tend to believe, but what isn't noise has been the actual bullpen management.  It's been bad.

But as a whole the SPs haven't been the real drain save for Canning.  He's definitely been the weak link, and his issue is 100% a sudden onset of gopher-itis.   He's allowing HRs on 35.3% of all FBs hit after todays game -- nearly triple his career average.

Hey, believe me, I hope those advance stats prove to be correct and we see good results going forward.  
But it’s the same excuse song & dance year after year.  At some point though you got to admit that you are what your record is - and that’s mediocre at best for the Angels.  

11 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I guess IP isn't buying Fourts a cookie

I dont blame him or anyone for thinking -- oh shit it's more of the same.   But it hasn't been really.   I have my concerns -- namely the defense, but basing it strictly on the sort of data that people have been wanting the Angels to adhere to and complaints that they have failed to do it, the SPs are actually looking good.   The thing is, the sample size is small enough where we don't know which set of numbers are the good ones and which set are the bad ones.   

The ERA could finally start to normalize and come closer to what the predictive data says it should be, or whatever fakery has been happening to drive the K rates up, the GB rates down might go in the other direction then BAM...   OH SHIT IT'S more of the same.

But right now the SP is doing what Upton did last year early in the season -- it's failing to live up to what the predictive data says they should be doing.   

The elephant in the room -- Maddon's needs to show his genius.

Two years and why does it matter to you? Really why does it matter? I'm 40 years past that time in my life and it held no attraction, it's was more an obligation than anything else. I was smart enough to walk away rather than run up a bill on a worthlesspiece of paper for what I wanted to do. 

So tell me, what does it really matter to you?

2 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Hey, believe me, I hope those advance stats prove to be correct and we see good results going forward.  
But it’s the same excuse song & dance year after year.  At some point though you got to admit that you are what your record is - and that’s mediocre at best for the Angels.  

But it wasnt last year.  or the year before.   All that advance data pretty much argued the pitching was bad and things were exactly what we were seeing.   That's the difference -- right now the information is saying what we are seeing is a false read...  So yeah, we have to suck it up and let it play out.

3 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Looking ahead at the schedule 

it doesn’t get any easier 

we could be chasing the division from 7-10 games behind come early may. 

Doesnt matter who they play man.   They just need to not fuck it up.   They have been finding ways to fuck it up.   There have been three games this year they stood no chance in, the rest they were in, some of them they completely gave away.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Two years and why does it matter to you? Really why does it matter? I'm 40 years past that time in my life and it held no attraction, it's was more an obligation than anything else. I was smart enough to walk away rather than run up a bill on a worthlesspiece of paper for what I wanted to do. 

So tell me, what does it really matter to you?

lol someone's getting very defensive.

Just answer the question, Claire.

I do think the "same song and dance" applies in a general way, regardless of underlying statistics. But in the end, the Angels can only control so much. They can control who they sign and how much they put into player development, but they can't control freak injuries or Lady Luck. Right now, the pendulum has swung towards the negative in the uncontrollable factors, with their two best players hurt and SP woes. But as IP points out, that will equalize over the course of the season.

t doesn't mean that the 7-3 version is the real version, but it does mean that the 2-7 is even less close to their actual expected talent level.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Doesnt matter who they play man.   They just need to not fuck it up.   They have been finding ways to fuck it up.   There have been three games this year they stood no chance in, the rest they were in, some of them they completely gave away.

I have one rule I teach all my new assists, don't fuck up and they follow it.

It appears I need to have a talk with the team. I'll have @Tank set up a lunch date.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol someone's getting very defensive.

Just answer the question, Claire.

You are the one getting defensive every time I post Bruin when Canning shits the bed. You can't have it both ways. 

But from now on I think I'll ignore where these guys came from because it probably has no bearing on what they are doing now.

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

But it wasnt last year.  or the year before.   All that advance data pretty much argued the pitching was bad and things were exactly what we were seeing.   

Sorry - I didn’t mean the excuse of stats.  I meant overall having an excuse for the bad P results year after year - injuries, bad defense, bad luck, etc.  It’s always something.  One common thing is the Angels have a mediocre or worse than league average team.  While having the best player in baseball and a top 15-30% payroll.  How/why?!?!?

Just now, Blarg said:

You are the one getting defensive every time I post Bruin when Canning shits the bed. You can't have it both ways. 

But from now on I think I'll ignore where these guys came from because it probably has no bearing on what they are doing now.

It's a simple question. Nothing to be embarrassed about.