• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Don't Wear a Paper Bag at Angel Stadium

I don't get why people do this, especially for a team that has an ownership who is TRYING to win.

It's one thing if you're Loria and the Marlins who basically traded everybody away. But Arte and Jerry have tried putting together a good team and it hasn't worked. Yeah, the season sucks but getting pissed at ownership in that manner seems foolish to me.

Wouldn't continuing to buy tickets and support the club financially but wearing a paper bag at the games show that you support the ownership but are frustrated with the play on the field? If you still buy tickets then, to me, it shows you aren't holding ownership responsible for the mess, since buying tickets provides them with revenue which is the whole reason they run a major league team to begin with.

Wouldn't continuing to buy tickets and support the club financially but wearing a paper bag at the games show that you support the ownership but are frustrated with the play on the field? If you still buy tickets then, to me, it shows you aren't holding ownership responsible for the mess, since buying tickets provides them with revenue which is the whole reason they run a major league team to begin with.

Good point. 

Would anybody here seriously consider putting a paper bag over their head?

No, because anyone dumb enough to put a paperbag on their head in the first place isn't smart enough to consider that train of thought.

You're not giving ownership any additional money if you buy the tickets directly from an individual season ticket holder (not via the Angels team ticket exchange) 

I don't get why people do this, especially for a team that has an ownership who is TRYING to win. 

It's one thing if you're Loria and the Marlins who basically traded everybody away. But Arte and Jerry have tried putting together a good team and it hasn't worked. Yeah, the season sucks but getting pissed at ownership in that manner seems foolish to me. 

I am not pissed at management, except that they have not fired the entire coaching staff yet.  This team plays with a lack of emotion, no sense of urgency. They make more base running mistakes than a high school team.  These are all things I blame the coaching staff for. 

In the 60's and 70's the teams were not very good but they played hard, I don't see that with this group of players.  After being an Angel fan for almost 50 years I'm not changing teams but I am embarrassed, as the player should be.

Would anybody here seriously consider putting a paper bag over their head?

Wouldn't even think twice.

The people on here saying whoever does this is a nitwit has a remarkably non-existent sense of humor. I think its an easy, hilarious, harmless stunt, that voices the disappointment of the fans of this team perfectly.

"Yeah I'm here, I bought tickets, and I'm a fan, buuuut just in case, lets make sure nobody knows it cause this team is embarrassing."