• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are your favorite or memorable Angels games you have attended?

Brandon

2005: A regular night game where we were down a bit, rallied back, and Orlando Cabrera hit a game winning homerun in extra innings down the left field line. (I was trying to find the specifics and actually found the article for the game: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/CABRERA+BAILS+OUT+ANGELS+HOME+RUN+IN+10TH+INNING+CAPS+RALLY+FROM...-a0131836117)

2005: I believe it was 2005, but need help and know others here were also here this night. It was a game against the Yankees in which we were down most of the night if my memory serves correct but Vlad hit a grand slam to take the lead and we held on for the win. The specifics may be wrong, but I'm sure someone remembers the game.

2008: K-Rod breaks the single season saves record. Got lucky a co-worker didn't want to go or couldn't make it and saw history.

1995: We actually lost the game in this one, but it was against the Red Sox and my family was able to some how land nice seats behind the dugout. With age I forgot who's bat it came off of, but they hit a grounder foul ball down the first base side and I jump out of my seat and go the 3-5 rows down to the wall hoping to make a play. Some no name first base coach with the name Maddon on the back of his jersey gets it and I say his name to which he turns and tosses me the ball. I was a youngster and did the hands over the head excited thing while the section cheered and I gushed back to my seat with high fives from everyone. This is also why I have gotten three foul balls since and have given them to kids in the vicinity.  

Went to the Angels vs. Nationals game in 2005 where Brenden Donnelly gets kicked out for having pine tar in his glove. After Scioscia finishes arguing with the umpires, he turns and starts yelling at Frank Robinson and both benched clear. During the melee, I notice a few of the Angel players yelling at Jose Guillen, who obviously told Frank about the pine tar.

Weavers no hitter

Cal Ripkin Jr last game at Angel Stadium

Interleague play a few yrs back against the Astros when they were decent we came back and I believe Figgins had walk off triple. Figgins was 6-6 that night and agnels came back from 9-4 deficit to win 10-9. http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270618103

Playoff game when we beat the red sox in 09. I personally have never heard the stadium that loud before

KRods last game as an Angel at home when he blew the game in the playoffs against the red sox. He gave up the HR to JD f'n Drew!! Sox took 2-0 lead back to Boston. Where they would win the series 3-1

Brandon Wood's debut

Went to the Angels vs. Nationals game in 2005 where Brenden Donnelly gets kicked out for having pine tar in his glove. After Scioscia finishes arguing with the umpires, he turns and starts yelling at Frank Robinson and both benched clear. During the melee, I notice a few of the Angel players yelling at Jose Guillen, who obviously told Frank about the pine tar.

I was at that game too!! Haha

May 27, 2005 - Angels vs. Royals. KC scored four runs in the top of the ninth to take an 8-3 lead. The Angels appeared dead. Some timely hitting and Royals' errors later, the Angels scored five in the bottom of the ninth to tie it, and Dallas McPherson won it with a home run to center field in the bottom of the tenth.

Memorial Day, last year. Jered Weaver left the game in the first inning with a back injury. Bobby Cassevah was forced into service. The Yankees scored three in the first, which Phil Hughes gave right back, the Angels scoring four in the bottom of the inning. Jason Isringhausen blew a three-run lead in the seventh, allowing New York to tie the game at eight. Mark Trumbo won it in the bottom of the ninth with a home run.

2009 post season against the yankees, the walk off hit by Jeff Mathis to win the game in extra innings

the crowd was going crazy

by far my favorite

This was definitely my favorite. Since I live out of state I only get to about 1 home game a year, I picked a good one that year.

The most memorable one I saw in person was when Morales won the game with a grand slam in extra innings. For some reason that mob around home plate stayed there a  long time.

How funny, I was actually in Kansas City and my family kept joking that about the fact the Royals were in SoCal opposed to when I normally make rounds out there when the Angels play in KC. We made the rounds and came back home to check the score as they are as serious Royals fans as one can be for a not so good team. After watching we were all in a funky mood. My family because another Royals loss in such an odd manner, and myself as the one Angels fan pissed that Morales sustained a very serious injury.

Although they ended up getting the better of our encounters last year when the Angels were winning the whole game, Greinke was pitching a shutout with 8 1/3, and Sosh brings in Frieri after a lousy single and Billy Butler hit a 2-R HR then another player went back to back for the win in walk off fashion. I got hammered by everyone.

That counts as another memorable game I attended, although for the wrong reasons.

Being at game six for the 2002 WS ... for those who were lucky enough to be there know what I mean. The atmoshere at the stadium was literally electric after that game. Nobody wanted to leave the stadium ... INCREDIABLE FEELING

You just knew the Angels were going to win game seven when you finally left the stadium.

Well the ALDS in 2009 since those were the only 2 playoff games I have been able to attend have to be on the list

But the most memorable game was in 2002. I went to 10 games that year and the Angels went 9-1. And one of the games was one of the first nights they did the thundersticks. They were down in the 8th inning and Glaus was coming up and the Mariners called in Arthur Rhodes. Glaus hit a 3 run bomb over the center field wall. That was the loudest I have ever heard that place. It was incredible.

Weaver's no hitter last year was absolute crazy too, especially considering the crowd wasn't very big. The noise level was huge the last 3 innings. 

Another great one was in August 2004. I got invited to sit in a suite with some friends and the Angels won 21-6 and DaVanon hit for the cycle. Really fun game to be at!

Opening Day 2010; Originally intended as a counter attack on our crosstown rival Dodgers MANNYWOOD venture we held up a MATSUILAND sign for Hideki Matsui's debut with our Angels. Matsui hit a homerun and was the player of the game. We were then surrounded by 50+ Japanese media people and did a live television interview back to Japan. We've been holding up signs ever since; Toriitown, @ngelswin and coming soon HAMILTOWN. 

August 15th 2005, The Jeff Mathis Anaheim debut..... ;)

Weaver's no hitter last year was absolute crazy too, especially considering the crowd wasn't very big. The noise level was huge the last 3 innings. 

Another great one was in August 2004. I got invited to sit in a suite with some friends and the Angels won 21-6 and DaVanon hit for the cycle. Really fun game to be at!

I actually left that game after the eight inning and I was the only one seen leaving the stadium ... long story.

Opening Day 2010; Originally intended as a counter attack on our crosstown rival Dodgers MANNYWOOD venture we held up a MATSUILAND sign for Hideki Matsui's debut with our Angels. Matsui hit a homerun and was the player of the game. We were then surrounded by 50+ Japanese media people and did a live television interview back to Japan. We've been holding up signs ever since; Toriitown, @ngelswin and coming soon HAMILTOWN.

August 15th 2005, The Jeff Mathis Anaheim debut..... ;)

So excited! Oh and I'm pretty sure I never got the beer Torii said he was going to buy us at spring training a few years ago for the Toriitown sign.

I've been to all of the home playoff games and home clinchers in this century.  Other than those, road games stick out the most, partly because I try to get great seats. 

2004 and 2005 clinchers in Oakland.  

Peter Bourjos' first major league home run and Jordan Walden's debut in Minnesota (2nd row Angels dugout seats). Target Field's first year.

Angels (and my) first trip to Wrigley Field.  

Angels 2008 trip to brand new Nationals Park (2nd row aisle seats behind home plate) and Citizens Bank Park (Angels went 4-0).  Ran into Juan Rivera at the airport before the series was over and asked if he'd been traded.  

Colorado 2012 - Long time coming.  Saw one game with a bunch of family.  Watched the first period of the Kings Stanley Cup clincher on the return flight home.

Kansas City 2012 - Terrorist, giant Mike Trout heads, and a Southwest voucher. Bugged Mark Gubica and Victor Rojas at the airport. 

Others:

2010 Home Run Derby

2006 21-6 win against KC. DaVanon hit for the cycle. Jose Molina hit a grand slam.  

2003 spring training vs Giants at Scottsdale. Angels fans were walking the concourse taunting Giants fans.

2002 Troy Glaus three home run game

2002 spring training brawl against the Padres

Your pics are always cool when you do the road trips, Scott.

Another grand game was one of our Fan Fests, I think 2010 when Bruce Chen almost no hit us.

A cool one a few of us from here got to do is a friend of the family gets tickets from the mayor and that means the mayors suite that is above the Diamond Club. It was against the Rays in 2011. The mayors suite is rad. Free food and drink, their own bathroom in the suite, and the special entrance/access up through the elevator to the press box, etc.

During the 2004 playoffs against the Red Sox, I believe game 3, I got a ticket from our season seats package. Karma must have hit because I parked across Katella in the Carls Jr. parking lot for free and somehow between my car and the stadium gate lost my ticket. Stadium services wouldn't/couldn't do anything and I drove back home to watch us lose. Later my co-worker said I should have called her so she could have slipped me her ticket through the gate to get me a re-entry. Oh well.