• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are these the darkest days?

Torridd

1992 was a dark year, with the team finishing 72-90, Gary Gaetti "leading" the team with 12 HR, Junior Felix "leading" the team with 72 RBI, and of course, the bus crash that put Manager Buck Rogers out for a few months.

Rotation was pretty solid though, with Finley, Langston, Abbott and Valera with ERAs under 4.00.  Poor Jim "No Run Support" Abbott, going 7-15 despite a 2.77 ERA.

Edited by Billy_Ball

Yea, even though we have been under .500 the last several years nothing can compete with being completely irrelevant from around 87 till 95.  I was disinterested which is saying a lot since the Angels are one of my only hobbies.  Hell I don’t really remember any details from the early 90’s.  I remember starting to pay attention more in 93 the year that Salmon won the ROY.  I got season seats starting the day the strike ended in 95.  

1986 or 1995 - Jeez, at least we were in the game.

Right now our team are the kids that never get off the bench unless its garbage time.  The ugly girls in the school dance who never leave the side of the gym to get asked to dance.  We're the dudes who try to make small talk with the pretty girl, and she all but ignores you.  We are completely irrelevant.

Irrelevant is so much worse than being in the big game, but losing dramatically.   It isn't even close.

Edited by yk9001

On 9/3/2020 at 9:39 AM, Angelsjunky said:

For me the darkest moment in Angels history is still that tiebreaker game at the end of 1995, and just that last month or two as a whole. That was our mostly homegrown team finally coming together with a magical first two-thirds of the year, and then it collapsed.

That was the year Disarcina went down with the injury and the team collapsed.