• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: Take a look at what the #Angels are proposing for their stadium and the new neighborhood surrounding it.

12 hours ago, Tank said:

my issue is being able to park close to the stadium. i don't want to walk a mile and a half because of my arthritis. it's very painful to do so. i don't like that that's what they're forcing people into so that can have parks, apartments, bars, and shopping. And there are people far worse off than me.

there need to be some options that allow for closer parking for guests, and i didn't see any references to that in the article you think i didn't read.

I am sorry about that maybe you should get a handicap sticker then and park closer. Maybe a wheel chair. Or you can pay for parking at the stadium and walk a closer distance. There are lots of avenues to go if you don't want to walk longer distances. 

On 6/24/2020 at 9:29 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yesterday. Did I miss something?

On 6/24/2020 at 9:33 AM, Lou said:

"The Angels put off for now the decision to renovate Angel Stadium or replace it. If the Angels decide to build a new ballpark, the plan calls for it to be located immediately adjacent to the 57 Freeway, and closer to the Anaheim train station. If they renovate, they plan to open up the outfield and turn it into a grand entrance plaza."

anaheim%20stadium%20concepts.jpg?itok=n0

20 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

There is an article linked in one of the other threads where people are ripping the inside too -- calling it a big warehouse feel, or comping it to Chase Field redux....   Mostly, I posted those links because it's funny to see how fans of every team will always find a way to be underwhelmed.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

There is an article linked in one of the other threads where people are ripping the inside too -- calling it a big warehouse feel, or comping it to Chase Field redux....   Mostly, I posted those links because it's funny to see how fans of every team will always find a way to be underwhelmed.

The tweet I posted was a joke. The interior shot is a Bass Pro Shop.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm actually whelmed by our stadium.

The inside of the new Rangers stadium looks better than the old one.  More important, I think. Plus, some people are just looking to take the worst possible photo.... not unlike everything else going on.  

As for the Angels.... I would dig some new establishments nearby, but I'm much more interested in the stadium itself than a wellness park, a Yardhouse, and green rooftops. I'm surprised a new stadium would fit next to the freeway.

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I am sorry about that maybe you should get a handicap sticker then and park closer. Maybe a wheel chair. Or you can pay for parking at the stadium and walk a closer distance. There are lots of avenues to go if you don't want to walk longer distances. 

a. i have a handicapped placard already

b. a wheelchair is not necessary

c. i can walk a reasonable distance (less than half a mile); but there are others worse off than me, and i hope there's consideration for those that need it. it wasn't visible on the plans for the pond or for the big a.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

a. i have a handicapped placard already

b. a wheelchair is not necessary

c. i can walk a reasonable distance (less than half a mile); but there are others worse off than me, and i hope there's consideration for those that need it. it wasn't visible on the plans for the pond or for the big a.

I think there are laws and regulations in place for handicap placards to be close. So I wouldn’t worry to much about it. I doubt in the designs they want to really show handicap parking spaces. But I’ll almost guarantee you handicapped parking will be around the same distance as they are now. New building codes and parking codes will all be enforced. 

So Angels project is to be completed in 2050.  But the Ducks is to be completed by 2028?  

Sorry, but if the project completion is going to outlive the owner, then I have little hope that the project will be completed.  On top of that, the pain in the ass it's going to be to go to a game for the next score and seven years with construction constantly happening around the big A.  

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So Angels project is to be completed in 2050.  But the Ducks is to be completed by 2028?  

Sorry, but if the project completion is going to outlive the owner, then I have little hope that the project will be completed.  On top of that, the pain in the ass it's going to be to go to a game for the next score and seven years with construction constantly happening around the big A.  

The Duck's plan seems more well thought out with much less ambition. That's why it will probably get done. 

Moreno's plan seems thrown together, with a time frame on it that signifies how unsure they are about what is actually going to happen.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The Duck's plan seems more well thought out with much less ambition. That's why it will probably get done. 

Moreno's plan seems thrown together, with a time frame on it that signifies how unsure they are about what is actually going to happen.

I agree about the time frame Arte has rather than the Samuelis. Maybe it has more to do with the Ducks have already gotten everything approved and Arte and the Angels are just at the beginning stages of permits etc. Arte and the Angels plans don’t seem that less feasible than the Ducks. I’m not sure what else it could be?

11 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

30 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Ok so pie in the sky theory. Which happens a lot of the time in real estate development. What if Arte and the Angels plans are just that plans, to get ready to sell off the team. He gets all the designs approvals ready etc but he has no intention of building it. He just wants to get all the details in place to spin it off to do one else? Crazy thought?

23 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I agree about the time frame Arte has rather than the Samuelis. Maybe it has more to do with the Ducks have already gotten everything approved and Arte and the Angels are just at the beginning stages of permits etc. Arte and the Angels plans don’t seem that less feasible than the Ducks. I’m not sure what else it could be?

There is a considerably larger amount of land for Moreno to develop. There are two huge hotels that appear to be the two tallest buildings in Anaheim and maybe a dozen other buildings. The Ducks plan seems focused on a parking structure and the Katella facing side of the venue.

27 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ok so pie in the sky theory. Which happens a lot of the time in real estate development. What if Arte and the Angels plans are just that plans, to get ready to sell off the team. He gets all the designs approvals ready etc but he has no intention of building it. He just wants to get all the details in place to spin it off to do one else? Crazy thought?

Reasonable. I think he'll make a go at developing it, but the big get was the land itself.

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

It doesn't look like the Samueli's plan starts till 2023, so it's probably also in the beginning stages.  The other odd thing.  Angels stadium is supposed to be used for the Olympics, just like the Pond.  But the Samueli's plan is trying to make that timeframe.