• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

57 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Wasn’t my intent, I just don’t think his impact will be major in any way and I also don’t believe he will go down as close to the worst President ever.

I have to go with you here.  We don't know that much about how Andrew Jackson was or other Presidents way before our time, but I think worst President to get a Twitter account should be reasonable. 

15 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

I have to go with you here.  We don't know that much about how Andrew Jackson was or other Presidents way before our time, but I think worst President to get a Twitter account should be reasonable. 

Jackson was pretty bad. Dude basically jeopardized the entire structure of the checks and balances system while our democracy was still pretty young. I think he’s in the lead for worst ever, with some of the gilded age guys and then maybe Harding in tier 2. Trump might end up being up there too. It certainly feels like it, but we’ll probably have a better grasp on his overall impact 20 years from now than we do now.

Trump mostly governed as bog standard standard republican.  It’s pretty easy to guess what that will look like down the road.  He was probably more aggressive then a typical Republican President with immigration.  Which was pointless and cruel but also really didn’t impact anyone’s  life who wasn’t directly targeted or adjacent to someone who was targeted.  If your politics are like mine then all of that shit fucking sucks.  But there have been worse.  I’ve said a bunch of times here that even in living memory we’ve had worse.  George W Bush and his pack of demons were worse.  IMO.   That’s not to say that Trumps administration wasn’t packed with some of the worst people imaginable.  It was.  But they didn’t actually get a lot of their shit done.  I think what actually happens matters when evaluating this.  As with all administrations more will become clear as the years roll on. 

one of the most remarkable things that he did was the assassination of the IRGC commander.  A truly reckless act that could have easily spiraled out of control.  Fortunately the Iranians elected to not be insane.  Tho, the history is that they will eventually get payback.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Crampknees said:

Vegas?  That actually looks more like a Pale Ale

Deschutes Fresh Squeeze IPA in Stateline, NV. It was snowing outside so we walked from the CA side to the NV side to have drinks indoors. It was hilarious looking at all the people freeze their asses off drinking outside in CA while I enjoyed my beer indoors in a tshirt watching the Pebble Beach Pro-Am on tv. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Our trade with them as been bad for a long time and it’s not changing anytime soon 

I mean the relationship is that they make the shit and we buy it.  It was set up that way by us, bi partisan.  The Chinese didn’t force us to give up all of our manufacturing.  All Americans have anymore is that we get to buy cheap consumer goods.  Which is why people lost their fucking minds when even that “freedom” was curtailed because of covid.  It’s pathetic.  But we’re pathetic so what can you say ? American freedom is just being a consumer hog.  That’s it.  Enjoy. 

the trade war just weakened our hand.  Terrible policy. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Honest question. How can you gauge the legacy of a president less than a month after they left office?

I can gage past presidents and there are worse ones.  If Harris gets in there she will be another horrible person becoming President.  

Edited by mtangelsfan

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I can gage past presidents and there are worse ones.  If Harris gets in there she will be another horrible person becoming President.  

But how do you know what impact Trump's policies will have? It's probably still too soon to completely understand the legacy of Obama.

42 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Because he actually did very little.  

what policies do you think will have long lasting bad effects?

I have no idea. I think he did a lot more than we realize. For example, he passed an executive order that made it so his drone strikes didn't have to be logged on the record. Before that point, he was on pace to put Obomba to shame. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I have no idea. I think he did a lot more than we realize. For example, he passed an executive order that made it so his drone strikes didn't have to be logged on the record. Before that point, he was on pace to put Obomba to shame. 

Then Biden can easily change that

What immediately comes to mind for me are the massive environmental deregulation efforts.  Some of that will be rolled back.  Some of it may have been bad regulation.  But I’m sure there will be down steam consequences because there always is with this kind of thing.  Specifically, his action on federally protected water ways being redefined.  Some states will step in and it won’t matter but in other states.....yikes.  We’re talking about over 100 rolled back or wholly repealed regulations only dealing with the environment.

the tax cuts also will significantly reduce the federal coffers and I mean.  Who knows.  The nothing federal services we have now will surely be impacted but that’s the idea right ? Anyway the overall economic impact of all this is worthless because it always is.  Study after study bears that out.  Rich people just horde money like fucking Smaug.  It doesn’t trickle down.  The massive beneficiaries of Trumps cuts and Bushes cuts were wealthy people.  

But like I said, this is standard conservative policy particularly since Reagan (speaking of the worst presidents) 

Edited by UndertheHalo