• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Did Trump really fail to properly distinguish "there" from "their" in a recent tweet about Iran? 

MAGA supporters, does it not bother you that any decently educated 13 year old has a better grasp of English than the President?

People fuck that up on here daily. 

In the not so distant past Presidents never issued a word to the public without a script written by someone else in their hands. Never issued a press release that didn't go through the press secretary and a half dozen proof reads before issued. 

So if we are going with the the startup of Presidents communicating in an ad lib format you have to expect that daily grammar slip ups will take place. To play it up as something unusual is to ignore the butchery of the English language on Angelswin and the need for an @EnglishCop

Trump has his many faults, none more evident than his addiction to Twitter. But slipping up with There, Their and They're is not even a blip on the radar. 

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It's the truth. The media/news services have slipped into politicized editorial instead of news gathering and dissemination. Their integrity is the by-product of their own choices. 

So at no point do you address Trump's behavior. Understandable.

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

People F*ck that up on here daily. 

In the not so distant past Presidents never issued a word to the public without a script written by someone else in their hands. Never issued a press release that didn't go through the press secretary and a half dozen proof reads before issued. 

So if we are going with the the startup of Presidents communicating in an ad lib format you have to expect that daily grammar slip ups will take place. To play it up as something unusual is to ignore the butchery of the English language on Angelswin and the need for an @EnglishCop

Trump has his many faults, none more evident than his addiction to Twitter. But slipping up with There, Their and They're is not even a blip on the radar. 

Nobody on here is POTUS, so I'll forgive *their* imperfect English.

That being said, I expect the President of the United States to have better English skills than the immigrants he so despises.

Just now, yk9001 said:

Other presidents needed notes such as "I hear you" when speaking with the families of shooting victims.

Very normal.

It's not normal. But when you weaponize linguistics it is important to get it right.

3 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Nobody on here is POTUS, so I'll forgive *their* imperfect English.

That being said, I expect the President of the United States to have better English skills than the immigrants he so despises.

Who knows how many slip ups previous Presidents would have made had they all played the instant response game of Twitter.

“How long does it take you to prepare one of your speeches?” asked a friend of President Wilson.

“That depends on the length of the speech,” answered the President. “If it is a 10-minute speech, it takes me all of two weeks to prepare it; if it is a half hour speech, it takes me a week; if I can talk as long as I want to, it requires no preparation at all. I am ready now.”

Trump, unfortunately lives in the reverse of Wilson's philosophy on Twitter. He is not as bright as Wilson nor as conservative with his words as Coolidge. 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I don't know if the precise words of Trump's tweets are as calculated as Thomas is making them out to be, but I think Trump knows that he can create chaos and distraction with his tweets.

This is a good article on it.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/13/how-to-report-trump-media-manipulation-language

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

Did Trump really fail to properly distinguish "there" from "their" in a recent tweet about Iran? 

MAGA supporters, does it not bother you that any decently educated 13 year old has a better grasp of English than the President?

Yes, he did fail to say "their".

As one who has never failed in this manner, I'm a little pissed at his misspelling. But it doesn't happen very often, so I'm not sweating it.