• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball America released their 2020 top 100 prospects; Jo Adell 3rd, Brandon Marsh 43rd

rafibomb

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

Very nice to see.
Like others its hidden for me behind pay wall so if possible id like to know who had the most top 100?

This is on the main page: 

The Rays again lead all teams with eight Top 100 prospects. Last year both Tampa Bay and San Diego tied the record for most preseason Top 100 prospects with nine players.

The Dodgers (7 players), Twins (6 players) and Padres (6 players) are also featured prominently in 2020.

Milwaukee is the only team without a Top 100 prospect, the first time it's without a player on the list since 2011.

15 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

This is on the main page: 

The Rays again lead all teams with eight Top 100 prospects. Last year both Tampa Bay and San Diego tied the record for most preseason Top 100 prospects with nine players.

The Dodgers (7 players), Twins (6 players) and Padres (6 players) are also featured prominently in 2020.

Milwaukee is the only team without a Top 100 prospect, the first time it's without a player on the list since 2011.

Ah thanks i dint check as thats usually not shown, lol 

22 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wonder if teams with controllable pitching to deal now view Marsh as a legit guy to package a deal around now that he's in the top 50 of top 100 prospects?

We already know that the Indians wanted to build around Marsh for Kluber. I've heard Gray isn't really available right now and Boyd is kind of meh. I think our best bet is for Adams to develop a little more (maybe half a season?). Apparently he is in the 100-150 range right now but should shoot up with a strong performance because of how raw he's been. I think Marsh might be 'too ready' for teams looking to sell off controllable pitching if it looks like he'll be up 2021, but Adams would still be a couple more years away to line up with another team's timeline.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wonder if teams with controllable pitching to deal now view Marsh as a legit guy to package a deal around now that he's in the top 50 of top 100 prospects?

Although his new ranking doesn't hurt his trade value, I think other teams already view him as a legit prospect.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

43 minutes ago, ettin said:

Although his new ranking doesn't hurt his trade value, I think other teams already view him as a legit prospect.

I wouldn’t imagine it makes much difference. Teams already have their own valuation of different prospects. It offers extra validation of what we believed, but I can’t imagine many teams are going, “Oh, Marsh is worth more than we thought. BA said so.”

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Teams already viewed Brandon Marsh as a legit guy to build a package around. That's why the Angels haven't acquired any pitching. They weren't discussing him in any deals at the deadline, and now that it's the off-season, the only guys that he's been in the conversation for is Corey Kluber and Mike Clevinger. He's too much for Kluber and not enough for Clevinger, which would require Adell. 

So for the Angels to acquire the sort of pitching we were all picturing, it would have to be the perfect confluence of factors where the pitcher would be somewhere between Kluber and Clevinger, and he'd be on a team that's willing to deal pitching and needs a really good OF prospect.

He's too much for Boyd or Price. The Padres aren't ready to deal their pitching yet and I'm sure they want to see what Grisham and Trammell look like this year. 

My best guess would be Marsh for Jon Gray.

Edited by Second Base

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

I wouldn’t imagine it makes much difference. Teams already have their own valuation of different prospects. It offers extra validation of what we believed, but I can’t imagine many teams are going, “Oh, Marsh is worth more than we thought. BA said so.”

I think that actually happens more than you think. The Fangraphs prospect guys have said in their chats that front office guys will try to build up the hype on their guys and create more value for them. It's also a lot easier to sell a fanbase on trading your pitcher for a top 50 prospect than an unranked prospect since fans don't see the team's prospect value list. So they don't really have much to go by besides the various fan services. Is that the best way to run a club? No. But these GMs do want to be able to hang onto their jobs.

I believe that every GM viewed Marsh as a prospect, but his new ranking validated it from a PR move with the fans.

My point.

If you're the Indians GM and you trade a top arm for Marsh pre BA rankings (let's face it they're the standard) you're going to hear from the fans on social media and get questioned nationally from the MLB media. Get roasted on the MLB Network.

If you don't think that process is taken into account you're naive. Nobody gives a shit about bad media unless you're the Marlins or Assssstros.

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

I think that actually happens more than you think. The Fangraphs prospect guys have said in their chats that front office guys will try to build up the hype on their guys and create more value for them. It's also a lot easier to sell a fanbase on trading your pitcher for a top 50 prospect than an unranked prospect since fans don't see the team's prospect value list. So they don't really have much to go by besides the various fan services. Is that the best way to run a club? No. But these GMs do want to be able to hang onto their jobs.

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I believe that every GM viewed Marsh as a prospect, but his new ranking validated it from a PR move with the fans.

My point.

If you're the Indians GM and you trade a top arm for Marsh pre BA rankings (let's face it they're the standard) you're going to hear from the fans on social media and get questioned nationally from the MLB media. Get roasted on the MLB Network.

If you don't think that process is taken into account you're naive. Nobody gives a shit about bad media unless you're the Marlins or Assssstros.

Interesting thought. Certainly possible. 

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

My point.

Cleveland showed that they didn't really focus on that in the Kluber deal. A very light return, unless you. Consider that one reliever to be elite.