• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball America released their 2020 top 100 prospects; Jo Adell 3rd, Brandon Marsh 43rd

rafibomb

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Cleveland certainly does.  

Which proves my point. Cleveland doesn't care about prospect rankings, they care about their own analysis, in scouting or metrics. They like Brandon Marsh enough to ask for him and more in return for Corey Kluber. 

I know you have this narrative that many of us, myself included have been down on Eppler, but no one faults Billy for passing on that deal. It doesn't really matter how good Cleveland thinks that reliever is, Marsh can impact the game every single day in any number of ways, via getting in base, power, speed, or defense, all of which he's strong at. I believe Marsh is inherently more valuable that the reliever Texas traded. It would've been insane to give up Marsh in that deal.

33 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Which proves my point. Cleveland doesn't care about prospect rankings, they care about their own analysis, in scouting or metrics. They like Brandon Marsh enough to ask for him and more in return for Corey Kluber. 

I know you have this narrative that many of us, myself included have been down on Eppler, but no one faults Billy for passing on that deal. It doesn't really matter how good Cleveland thinks that reliever is, Marsh can impact the game every single day in any number of ways, via getting in base, power, speed, or defense, all of which he's strong at. I believe Marsh is inherently more valuable that the reliever Texas traded. It would've been insane to give up Marsh in that deal.

I completely agree that giving up Marsh in a deal for Kluber would be a horrible decision.  My point is that Cleveland obviously valued the relief pitcher.  They valued him more than they valued guys like Rengifo and whomever else we offered.  

My narrative is pretty consistent, my narrative is Eppler isn’t incompetent and he won’t panic.  If the deal was there to bring in a healthy starting pitcher with upside without mortgaging the future he will do it.  I guess I could extend my narrative to include, I trust Eppler to know the value of our prospects and their future more than any of us on here.  So if he chooses to let a guy like Marsh go for a rotation piece he gets the benefit of the doubt in my mind.  If he chose wrong, then I will say it is a bad trade.  But he has earned the trust with his trades.  

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

That's Baseball 101. It's like he's stuck in Junior College remedial math. 

I picture them giving him one of these, but with different pitches instead of animals.

I also picture houston stealing this idea. Putting a petting zoo behind the dig out "for the fans". Then using a stun gun on the animals to relay signs.

"The changeup goes moooo"

51rYhZv+X8L._AC_SY355_.jpg

56 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The Dodgers still have 7 guys in the top 100? My goodness that organization is so smart. How is Tampa Bay so good at scouting? Why are the Angels so bad? Yes, they have the 3rd guy but man, for years now, they just aren't that good at drafting. What's the holdup?

They aren’t bad.  

21 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

The Dodgers still have 7 guys in the top 100? My goodness that organization is so smart. How is Tampa Bay so good at scouting? Why are the Angels so bad? Yes, they have the 3rd guy but man, for years now, they just aren't that good at drafting. What's the holdup?

how are they bad?  Ask the 29 other teams if they'd like to have Thaiss, Adell, Marsh and Canning instead of who they drafted in the first two round of 2016/17.  

the dogs have been very very good though.  that 2016 draft is turning out to be fairly epic actually.  Although their 2017/18 drafts are nothing to write home about so far.  

both the dogs and tampa are probably two of the most established franchises in latin america.  The Angels have been able to pull some very very good prospects from there the last couple of years after only recently re-establishing themselves.