• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Report out today is that the J&J vaccine was shown to reduce covid infection by 50% among health care workers.  I don’t know exactly what the numbers are for the mRNA vaccines but it is the case that they also reduce your likelihood of becoming infected. The vaccines are not a 100% guaranteed shield against infection (that’s never been the case with basically any vaccine) but they do make it less likely that you will become infected if you are exposed to the virus and they have been shown to nearly eliminate severe complications if you do come down with covid 19. 

here’s the article I saw about j&j 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2021/09/07/johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-reduces-risk-covid-infection-by-half-south-africa-health-workers/amp/

Of the 10 states with the worst Covid-19 case rates over the past week, seven of them also had among the 10 best vaccination rates, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html

The research, published Friday in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Report, found hospitalizations and emergency room visits for children with Covid-19 increased from June to August. And in the two-week period in mid-to-late August, ER visits were 3.4 times higher in the states with the lowest vaccination rates while hospitalizations were 3.7 times higher than in states with the highest vaccination rates. The states with the lowest vaccination coverage were in the South.

So severe illnesses are reduced with the vaccine but not necessarily cases.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

23 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

lolok

After 6 hours of close exposure, how soon would I potentially test positive. Ironically I work at hospital so the testing is free but there is no mandatory testing for asymptotic vaccinated people. I’ve never been tested but I would hate to spread it for days knowing I could have it 

1 minute ago, cals said:

Both.  It cuts your chances of being infected by quite a bit and it really cuts your chances of getting sick beyond having a cold.  We’ve discussed this many times.

If by "discussed" you mean talking out your ass, then yes I agree it has been discussed.

Didn't ever want to say but sadly know a person died from covid now.  Group I used to golf with but hadn't shown in some time I asked where is so and so and they said you didn't hear, he got covid around the fourth of July and died a couple weeks later.  Really good golfer in his 50's and played college golf before so he flirted with under 70 a lot and he wasn't in any terrible shape. I asked if he was vaxxed but the guy I was with didn't know. Out here in Heath, TX  everyone but me has one politics so I imagine he was anti-vax. They said another guy in the group has covid now also so when we were done they asked if I am going to start showing up again and I said I will have to check my schedule.  When you get the two week death sentence that would be what scares me the most. 

I always laugh at the notion that when someone dies they must have been anti-vax. There are a multitude of variables that go into severity of cases. They generally seem to be linear (even for the sample size) and why I didn't get vaccinated until yesterday as I don't possess those traits.

Side note, the vaccination is pretty dumpy feeling. A dead arm and feeling worse than before I took it......and yes, I understand the science and how vaccinations work before someone gets serious about how they work.

21 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Geeze, how many labs of mass destruction do they have in Wuhan?

The documents contain several critical details about the research in Wuhan, including the fact that key experimental work with humanized mice was conducted at a biosafety level 3 lab at Wuhan University Center for Animal Experiment — and not at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, as was previously assumed. 

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I always laugh at the notion that when someone dies they must have been anti-vax. There are a multitude of variables that go into severity of cases. They generally seem to be linear (even for the sample size) and why I didn't get vaccinated until yesterday as I don't possess those traits.

Side note, the vaccination is pretty dumpy feeling. A dead arm and feeling worse than before I took it......and yes, I understand the science and how vaccinations work before someone gets serious about how they work.

Well if you are going off my story I asked if he was vaxxed just for my own score keeping because it is a hot topic of vaxxed or not you can still die. It was in general, I also asked how his wife was doing not thinking she killed him. Far as most people here where I live are anti-vax I was not insinuating that killed him but just a statement of fact how people feel here.  It will help my decision whether I show to their group more if they are getting sick. 

33 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Well if you are going off my story I asked if he was vaxxed just for my own score keeping because it is a hot topic of vaxxed or not you can still die. It was in general, I also asked how his wife was doing not thinking she killed him. Far as most people here where I live are anti-vax I was not insinuating that killed him but just a statement of fact how people feel here.  It will help my decision whether I show to their group more if they are getting sick. 

Hopefully your friends get vaxxed. If not you’ll be stuck driving blarg to the red tees